Schweser Videos 2007 vs. 2009

I’m sitting for the 2009 L1 exam and I’ve managed to get my hands on the Schweser videos for 2007. So my question is what is the difference between 07 and 09 in terms of slides and presentation? any added material? My plan was to save the money that would have been spent on the new ones from Schweser and go for Stalla’s 09 vids.

Come on people, really? no one has any input ?

I know the LOS’s have changed and some material that was in the Level 1 curriculum in 2007 is not in it for 2008 (and probably won’t be in it for 2009). I’m taking the Level 1 exam in December and I was using Stalla 2007 material but decided to buck up and buy Schweser 2008 material and I’m glad I did. I know this doesn’t exactly answer your question but hope it helps.

Yeah i hear you, the LOS have changed, I was just wondering if I could squeeze anything out of the 07 or is just plain worthless? Thanks man. Any people out there to share their thoughts on this issue?

I don’t think theres a short simple answer to your question. You just need to compare the los’s and skip around to areas that are still relevant for 2009. The one area i know that changed from 07 to 08 was Quant. In 07 regression analysis was part of quant - in 08 that was replaced with technical analysis. and if you’re planning on buying the 09 stalla videos, why even use the 07 schweser vids. that seems overkill - but hey thats just me.

I would say, approximately 95%-97% of the material was carried forward from 2007 to 2008. However, I’m not sure if that applies to 2008 to 2009. But I’m still certain that a major part (say 90%) of the materials are still relevant for the 2009 exam. Nonetheless, I would try to stick w/ newer materials…

darkvont, If you are impatient for an answer, why not do a search? This question has been answered plenty of times in one way or another.