Schweser Vol I Exam III AM

I just wanted to say it is completely ridculous that they stated for a unique constraint that she had no dependents while they failed to mention she was going to be unemployed. How the heck is having no dependents a unique constraint, they never mentioned this when an older couple had indepdent children, seems like being unemployed is alot more unique even if she said she was confident she could find a job, you know what sh!t can happen what if she doesnt find a job… Anyhow I was studying all day and it is impossible to keep up with this forum.

I thought the AM was extremely difficult and I have almost lost confidence in my skills…Anyone else think Exam 3 AM was tough???

Yeah I thought Vol I exam III AM was hard. Yesterday I did Vol II Exam II PM which was also very hard and made me loose a lot of confidence too :(… I’m SICK OF IT!

III was just hard in general. They pulled a lot of BS I think…

I actually just did the first 4 questions and I’m taking a break by checking out AF. I thought that there was ambiguity on all 4 of them. The correct/incorrect ones could have gone either way on just about all of them. Hey Schweser, if the statement is correct but is lacking some more info (gamma, etc.), that doesn’t make it incorrect. Like saying “the Kennedy adminstration came after Eisenhower” is wrong because it didn’t mention “and before LBJ”…Gimme a break. A real confidence breaker. I’m sub-50% thus far. Poorly written.

I think exam 3 AM is not tough but irresponsibly written. They don’t even think about structuring a question but simply ask you to remember and list out p.36 of their book 3. Many times, I have no idea as to why they are asking this (look at how slack they are with Q8, say), even though I know the answer. CFAI is now bundling curriculum. The only niche for Schweser is to provide great practice exams that resembles the style of the real exams. - sticky

For question 9D on this exam does anyone know why they don’t take into consideration the excess return of the cash return and currency return when determining breakeven analysis? I thought I saw another question where you compared two different countries bonds and they took the excess returns in each market and took into consideration the currency return to get breakeven yield. It makes no sense to do breakeven for two different countries bonds with different currencies without taking these things into consideration.

sticky Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think exam 3 AM is not tough but irresponsibly > written. They don’t even think about structuring > a question but simply ask you to remember and list > out p.36 of their book 3. > > Many times, I have no idea as to why they are > asking this (look at how slack they are with Q8, > say), even though I know the answer. > > CFAI is now bundling curriculum. The only niche > for Schweser is to provide great practice exams > that resembles the style of the real exams. > > - sticky true, i just tried to do question 2 and was like WTF :-/ turns out they were asking such simple things yet they managed to confuse the hell out of me. Will try to do other questions later tonite