Schweser vs. Stalla

I know this topic has been brought up many times but I’m having a hard time deciding between the two. My emphasis is on the videos for I feel this is the best way I learn. From what I’ve read on this forum, the Schweser system’s practice questions are more quant heavy then the CFAI. And I’ve also read the argument that by being able to do the heavy quant problems, you will have a deeper understanding of the material which makes sense to me. I’ve also read that the instructor for the Stalla videos is great. I haven’t read anything about the practice questions for the Stalla. I think at this point I’m leaning towards the Stalla. I have a bachelor degree in Finance and I’m currently an MBA student focusing in Finance so I have a pretty good academic background in finance if it makes a difference. Any insight on this would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Schweser IMO. This has been discussed a ton if you search.

Hmm since you’ve got an academic background in finance I might lean towards schweser actually. I don’t, but I decided after much deliberation, to go with Stalla.

Thanks, I just ordered the Schweser.

Hi, I have just started to look into the CFA option and was looking for what study material I should look for. I have completed my MBA in Finance recently and I am looking to get self study material. Could you help me decide?

Good luck with Stalla. I have been on hold or 45 minutes trying to order. This is ridiculous. I’m slowly pointing my browser towards Schweser.

Kenteman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Good luck with Stalla. I have been on hold or 45 > minutes trying to order. This is ridiculous. I’m > slowly pointing my browser towards Schweser. Hang up and call back. The entire process probably took me a few minutes (calling in, giving my CC number address etc).

I hung up 3X. The 4th time I get a message saying they are having tech. difficulties with their phone lines & hung up on me. :frowning:

Keneman, not sure what you’re doin’ on the phone. Last year I bought Schweser QbankPro online version - did it online, signed up, paid, then logged in and started studiying - all in a couple of minutes. I presume Stalla has on-line version also - both are pretty much the same I hear. I can only talk about Schweser which worked great. good luck…

Null&Nuller: I bought the 2007 Stalla set last Summer. I had a scheduling conflict and could not take the December exam. I get half off the 2008 set as a result for June’s exam. However they don’t allow you to do this online. You have to call in. Believe me, if I could have done this online I would have! Thanks buddy!