Schweser's Quant Part... ??

I started one week ago my readings… with Ethic… On CFAI Books for this SS Now, I’m studying the Quant Part (SS#2) but this time with the Schweser notes… I’m quite estonish by shweser’s method, I like the way they summarize and go to “the essential” but Do you think it’s normal that schweser indicate the key to use on the BA II Plus instead of the formulas ??? I mean that’s great to have the opportunity to know how to use your calculator, but I definitely prefer to Know and understand the formula first ! Am I strange ? And what if I’m using the HP autorized calculator ??? Schweser notes are probably a good tool to study but I’m skeptical on their method !! Bye…

I’m sure the CFAI would love all Charterholders to spit out formulas per request. However I have been told that the time crunch for quant does not allow one to longhand the problems. Therefore one must be saavy with their calculator.

hahah you’re right… My goal is not to spend so many time on the Quant part but at least I think that I should see the formulas written somewhere…

I’m curious as to what you don’t understand. From what I remember, schweser indicated the keys for PV, FV, money-weighted/time-weighted, etc…nothing that couldn’t be deduced ourselves. Could you give us an example?

Schweser or Stalla materials are complementary to your CFA text, so you do have your formulas. Having your cake (concentrated material) and eating it too is not an option:) nonolegolfeur Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hahah you’re right… My goal is not to spend so > many time on the Quant part but at least I think > that I should see the formulas written > somewhere…

I guess I was angry and estonish because I don’t have a BA II Plus Yet (just a TI 83+) !!! Anyway I’ll wait to have the good calculator… So that’s another question, is schweser really good for the quant part ??? I’ll follow with derivatives instruments…

schweser worked fine for me.

I found schweser to be sufficent for quant in December

Thank you guys !