Schwesser Practice Exams vol 1 & 2

I am wondering what people feel about the Schwesser practice exam books? I have heard that both of the books contain exams that are very representative of the actual CFA exam except they also tend to be slightly more difficult…and vol 2 is even more difficult (although I don’t beleive Schwesser says anything about this). Just wondering what other people think/have heard from others who have previously taken level 1.

I did exam 1 in Volumne 1, get 58-60% in both morning and afternoon sessions, I’m feeling terrible because I’ll be on the boarder line

I am very curious to hear what other ppl think as well. I have completed Vol 1 Scores: 60, 64, 66, 64, 73, I am saving the last one For Vol 2 I scored a 63 on the first exam; I found it a lot more difficult then Vol 1. How are you guys finding it?

I was wondering how to increase your score through these exams. I’ve done a lot of questions. I review my wrong answers. I go back to the books and refresh my understanding. Then I go and do more questions. My scores don’t really improve too much. A lot of times I make the same mistakes over and over and over. haha

Yes, I’m doing the exact same thing as topher. I do the questions, check answers, read book, and go back and forth, but my marks have not increased after 6 mock exams. I’m only doing slightly better on those mock exams now because I’ve taken my time to do the questions and tried to read carefully. However once I actually start to time myself and give myself only 1.5 mins for the questions, I freakout and fail. Crap.

Is anyone facing a time problem though… i am able to complete just 100 qustions in 3 hrs on schweser

topher Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was wondering how to increase your score through > these exams. I’ve done a lot of questions. I > review my wrong answers. I go back to the books > and refresh my understanding. Then I go and do > more questions. My scores don’t really improve too > much. A lot of times I make the same mistakes over > and over and over. haha I couldn’t put it better myself. I do the same thing. I am on volume 2 and each paper takes AGES, the questions are really wordy however my view is if it’s harder than the exam but not impossible then that’s good as that way you should find the exam easy. I am scoring on average 65% on vol 1 and slightly lower on vol 2.

Got quite a bit behind on the course due to work, did the first exam of level 1 yesterday, got 65% in the morning and 60% in the afternoon (having not completed the last 20 questions) Personally i am taking the 1.5 min time limit per question with a large pinch of salt, some questions take me 5 mins whilst some take 10 sec (very few though) but my time about averages out. One thing i would really recommend though is try and do the exam as you would on the day - ie, sit and do the morning exam for 3 hrs, take a 2 hr brake (don’t study) and then go on for another 3 hrs straight. really found that the mental fatigue and frustration really started to kick in really early on in the afternoon session - just so that you will be ready for it on the day.

I took the first exam morning session in Vol. 1 and it took me about 4 hrs to complete it. Also, I found that the answer choices were very poorly worded, anyone else thinks the same?

Im in the same boat. Book 6 and 7 are brutal.

in vol 1 I went 58, 62, 74, 75…then moved on to vol 2 because I heard it was harder (def felt that way) and the format was different and got 63, 69. I just don’t know which format or difficulty is more representative of the actual exam. I think I am going to try another exam from book 1 tomorrow. Good news is no time issues. I am curious what Schwesser says about the difference.

Also I find a lot of the time I can always narrow it down to two possibilities quite easily however differentiating between the two is hard. Also those two column incorrect/correct Q one is always piss easy but the second always catches me out.

Topher - I go through each exam, and write down which LOS the questions I got wrong pertains to, then go back through and re-read that LOS (well, I only use Schweser for this, for a condensed version)…this is how I have been reviewing my exams Book 6 scores 71, 72, 68, 78, 72, 79…