Score on schweser qbank

what score are you guys getting from the qbank? I am getting between 60 - 65.

73% cumulative so far

I’m scoring on average around 65% with the advanced questions.

I only do LOS quizes and study session exams and I haven’t scored below 70% so far (quantitive methods applications) but generally I get between 80 and 90%. These results really give me some confidence but I don’t think it will be so easy during real exam. Sress and time pressure probably will reduce these results which I get from QBank.

Also the LOS quizzes are much easier than anything you will see on the test. It is a nice progression though, 80-90% on LOS, 70-80% on session exams

I typically get 80% + on advanced questions. I do poorly in Ethics. Economics is surprisingly tough for me.

I second you maratikus, with an undergrad in business & an MBA in finance, i thought I could handle econ easily, breezed through it during my initial review. I took my 1st Book 6 exam last sunday and Econ killed me. I am hitting book 2 with a vengence this week.

Maratikus, are you unethical? :slight_smile:

Maratikus, What is your strategy and where can I find those memory pills…

It’s called adderall :wink:

MikeyD, actually I am frustrated with how much I fail to retain. I’m focusing on reviewing most important concepts and doing Qbank exams. Discussions on AF have been very helpful.

Right now I’m scoring in right around 65% on most practice exams. I took a CFAI online practice exam last weekend and got a 52%. I definitely have some work to do. The good thing for me is that when I read the explanation on the ones I got wrong, I understand why it is wrong and how to get it correct in the future. I think that is what has been helping me learn and retain the most.

I don’t really agree with some of the question difficulty classification by schweser, I’ve done about 3000 questions to this point, and a lot of the advanced questions I thought were easy, some intermediate ones were harder than advanced, but easy was generally easy…also a lot of the advanced questions were pure memorization of some fine details, that might be hard, but I wouldn’t call that advanced…my cumulative so far is 92% but I don’t really feel that confident yet also, a lot of the questions from schweser are calculations, people have mentioned in the past they barely used their calculator on the exam, so I’m not sure how indicative that really is…

trek7000 mentioned that LOS quizes are much easier than real exam. and how do you guys compare stusy session exams from qbank to real exam??? does anybody know something about it? personally i find these study session exams more difficult than LOS quizes which are general very easy.

liaaba: I’d say with a 92% cumulative avg on 3000 questions you’re probably doing just fine.

I spent about 70% time on CFAI book, 30 % on Sheswer. I took one CFAI exam, I feel the language of the problem is very similar to the CFAI book and it feels much clearer to me than some of Schweser questions. I think any time you got 80%+ on any exams at this time, it is a very good sign. There is still one month left. Hopefully, we will continue to improve. 90% + on a exam should be almost of a lock?

in terms of question difficulty, I think it’s like this, you can bet the questions on the actual exam wouldn’t be something that’s as simple as a straight calculation of an unknown, such as calculating the PV of an annuity…it’d probably involve some interpretation or more steps or understanding of the relationships b/w different concepts and how they correlate to each other i thought some of the questions from qbank were pretty good, especially for FSA, Port Man, and Ethics, Quants were ok too, except too calculation oriented but it helps to secure the concepts…I dont really like their questions for asset valuations, seems like a lot of the questions were from previous years without updates for this year’s changes…especially for bonds, for example duration, I mean in the CFAI text, it’s pretty clear they want you to use duration as a measure for price sensitivity to interest rate changes, and forget about using it as a temporal measure, yet, there are still a lot of questions asking how “long” is the duration…

disptra Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I spent about 70% time on CFAI book, 30 % on > Sheswer. I took one CFAI exam, I feel the language > of the problem is very similar to the CFAI book > and it feels much clearer to me than some of > Schweser questions. I think any time you got 80%+ > on any exams at this time, it is a very good sign. > There is still one month left. Hopefully, we will > continue to improve. 90% + on a exam should be > almost of a lock? —almost a lock might be a tad too confident, I’d rather overestimate the exam than underestimate it and get swamped when it counts…

I agree…I have done roughly 600 questions from Qbank (averaged 80%+). I took the 1st Book 6 exam (two 3 hour sessions, timed) and scored around 69%. Feeling good about myself, I started looking through CFAI 2006 online exams. The format is way different. Typical Schwesser question involves numbers and a straight application of formulae, wheras CFAI questions are more “conceptual”, most questions were about impact of this on that etc. There were too many “list” questions something like … which of the following is least liklely to be reported in the disclosures with regards to deffered taxes. I haven’t taken a CFAI exam yet, but I doubt I’ll score more than 55-60% on those with my current prep. So this has been my experience (small data set) Qbank 80+% --> Schwesser full length test 69% —> CFAI sample extrapolation 60%. One big difference between Qbank and book 6 test (difficulty level of questions were pretty comparable) is time. Also, by the time I was in about an hour into the 2nd exam, my head was killing me…I was really tired and just wanted to get it over with.

Surprisingly, I score repeatedly 80-90% on Ethics in QBank, but overall, my scores are around 60-70%. I will get through Portfolio Mgmgt this week, and I work in fixed so hopefully I can get some basic question points there. But all in all, I’m borderline, borderline.