Scored 61% in CFA - Sample Exam

Not sure what i was expecting but not definetly 61%. I am so disappointed that i just want to give up. I seem to have forgotten all material. LRM

I got the same! - 61% in schweser first test 2 days back. I also thought I forgot half the stuff. No way out - back to work!!Review, Review!!

i scored 48% on my first sample test a month to the exam, and never cracked 70 on any of the practice mock exams from schweser or the cfa and still passsed last june. You can do it, just keep blasting thru questions and reviewing your wrong answers.

smuvern - can you suggest something What would be the best way to review the material effectively - out these 3 choices 1. Do as many questions as possible - on a daily basis? 2. Do as many full length tests as possible - probably 2-3 a week? 3. Read each LOS and try to answer it (this was recemmended by a guy who cleared level 1)

Can’t you do all 3? I did around 2000 Qbanks, Schweser Volume 1 practice test, and answer the question on each LOS all the while reviewing what I did wrong and why and focus on the weakness by referencing to CFAI materials. If you still can, take 1 week off before the exam so you can really focus on the material and perhaps enjoy your self 2 days before the D-day

Thanks for the encouragement. After trick or treating last night i am ready…

Took the sample this morning. Finished in about 1 hour ( i really need to slow down) I am really dangerous in Derivatives, AI and Fixed Income (probably because I was rushing to finish my first pass through the material and didnt do the EOCQ’s. In Ethics (4 points form 70%) Econ (84%) Equity Investment Analysis (66%) and Portfolio Management (66%) I think that a few more practice questions will suffice and I should be in good shape… I just really need to slow down. I had 1:30.00 left when i got to question 40 of the sample. What are some tips on slowing down and moving through questions more methodically, I noticed that when I did read, re-read, soft answer, re-re-read, then final answer I had about a 95% success rate.

You know the answer.

nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Took the sample this morning. Finished in about 1 > hour ( i really need to slow down) I am really > dangerous in Derivatives, AI and Fixed Income > (probably because I was rushing to finish my first > pass through the material and didnt do the > EOCQ’s. > I just really need to slow down. I had 1:30.00 > left when i got to question 40 of the sample. > > What are some tips on slowing down and moving > through questions more methodically, I noticed > that when I did read, re-read, soft answer, > re-re-read, then final answer I had about a 95% > success rate. You finished 120 questions in 1hr??? And when you slow down you are getting 95% overall? You mean if you slow down you are going to get 95% right??? I take tests fast…I always have. I have been finishing 120 question sets in just under 2 hrs. I did notice that reading quckly may screw you up on some of the “least likely” “most likely” type of questions. One thing I have been doing is going through the question and then underlining the key points or phrases. Ex; (This is my own Question not from an material to keep it simple) If the gov’t wants to decrease the money supply which is the most likely action they will carry out? I might go back and underline most likely and decrease money supply. it really helps especially with longer questions where you forget what they are asking. Also in ethics questions you start to see key phrases that give clues as to what they are looking for. All that said, if you are getting 95% by doing it in any way as you are, what are you worried about?

^ Theres only 60 questions.

In my experience candidates see an improvement of 10-15% in their scores from the first to the third Sch practice exam. However, the Schweser exams are not too similar to the actual exam. LEARN FROM YOUR CARELESS MISTAKES. THATS THE BEST WAY TO IMPROVE YOUR SCORES.

@ Devildog. I finished the 60 questions in 1 hour, so I am still fast, but not 120q/hour fast. I do find if I slow down and just methodically work through the question I usually perform MUCH better, however, I get anxious when test taking and feel like I need to be moving quicker. Sink or swim…

61% at this point is fine. YOu have a month to work on your weak spots. Keep at it and you should be fine. Don’t take it as an excuse to slack!

HOW TO DO IT: If you want to pass “just” read Schweser 3-4 times and do book6 and all CFAI exams. It works for all exams. It’s simple but time consuming.

Bacaladitos, Do you recommend doing the Schweser Vol 2 practice exams as well? Thanks!