Scored 85% on the CFA Sample Exam

Guys, I took the free CFAI sample exam and I scored 85%. My breakdown is as follows: Ethics - 88.89% Quant - 100% Economics - 83.33% FSA - 75% Corp Fin - 80% Equity - 83.33% Derivative - 100% Alts - 66.67% Fixed Income - 83.33% Port Man - 100% Overall, I thought the questions were on par with Schweser Q-Bank. I am not too excited by the sample exam and I feel that your money is better spent on taking the test from the third party providers i.e stalla and Schweser. I don’t think I’ll invest in the other two samples unless I hear otherwise on this forum. The mere fact that I finished the exam with 40mins remaining indicates the difficulty level of the exam. This is just my 2 cents. Good luck with the rest of your studies.

brilliant stuff my man! Keep it up Just thought you might be interested… I put up around 8 ‘challenge’ questions on the official beatthecfa challenge questions thread. Try them…

beatthecfa, Your questions are really good, made me really think. You should keep the same line of questions coming. I thonk your doing a good thing for all of us preparing for this exam.

I scored 78% in the CFAI free sample exam. I just bought and did sample exam 3 - got 65%. Questions are harder and better - I recommend doing it

I just took the exam and scored an 83%, made a few stupid mistakes. I had about 50 minutes remaining. I’m going to purchase exam 3 next weekend and give it a shot.

I’m all over the place… took the CFA sample exam yesterday (the short online test) and got a 71%. Took a Q-bank test and got 80%. Then did test two from Schweser’s Vol 1 (240 Q’s) and got a 75%. I’m doing well in econ, alts, portfolio mgmt, and valuation. All over the place on ethics and doing +/-60% on FSA. Am I prepared enough and what’s the best way to improve FSA? Thanks!

71% on CFA sample is a bit low - but if you consistently get >70% in schweser tests - you are through for sure - dont worry about FSA - thats easy on actual exam

hkalra32 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 71% on CFA sample is a bit low - but if you > consistently get >70% in schweser tests - you are > through for sure - dont worry about FSA - thats > easy on actual exam And what exactly are you basing all this on???

I am a second timer for level 1 - as per my experience last time the actual exam is very conceptual and mock exams( schweser or stalla) prepares you to some level not conceptual stuff - for which actual CFA tests are the best. Still based on what material is available out there - getting >70% in schweser is generally good hint that you are in good shape. FSA - is easier in actual thing - most people agree with that