Scoring

Does anyone have insight in terms of the scoring of the exam? I always thought that the three buckets of scores were based on % correct answers, but after reading explanation of scoring on Wikipedia I am now thinking otherwise. If anyone has knowledge of the scoring system (i.e. outright # of correct answers, curve, etc…) I would be interested to know.

Use the search link, i am sure they’re bucket loads of threads on this.

finance - Your chances of passing are better if you focus less on how they grade and more on how you can improve your grade between now and the test. Worry about the scoring threads aftert he exam. Keep your eye on the ball.

Yes I agree, I’m just interested to know. Eye is firmly on ball, trust me.

Then to answer your original question, scoring is based on actual scores, buckets are designed so people can’t figure out actula scores and whine if they miss the cutoff by one wrong question if they feel that there was something poorly worded or incorrect, and it allows for CFAI to calculate a second passing score based on a higher weighting on ethics (and I have no clue how that works exactly , but they do say somehwere in their material that the score on ethics can effect whether or not you pass)

finance03 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Does anyone have insight in terms of the scoring > of the exam? I always thought that the three > buckets of scores were based on % correct answers, > but after reading explanation of scoring on > Wikipedia I am now thinking otherwise. If anyone > has knowledge of the scoring system (i.e. outright > # of correct answers, curve, etc…) I would be > interested to know. Stuff like the actual passing score is kept really secret.