SCRAP PAPERS ON EXAM?

Is there any CFA Veteran who can answer if they allow or give out scrap paper for calculations. I realized that i use too much scrap papers when working out calculations like WACC and std…plus my handwriting is BIG. So do they give out scrap papers to do our calculations? If yes is there a limit? If no, is there space on the question paper? Thanks.

start to write microscopic… (instead of BIG) know what you are scribbling Stop using Scrap paper… no scrap paper is provided EVER… you have space enough on the question paper. – I think there are a couple of extra pages at the back - but I could not be sure - since I never used them.

Hey warrior as far as I know,these people won’t give you any scrap paper to do your rough work.Also I can assure you the rough space provided by them is more than enough to do your calculation as the questions will test your knowledge not you mathematical calculation skills. So don’t worry .

Thought so, thanks guyz!

u ll get plenty of spaceon the exam paper.

There’s enough room in the margins of the exam booklet. Generally, the computations aren’t all that intensive that would require more space. You’re not permitted to write on your exam ticket. You’ll get in trouble for doing so.

CP what are you doing on this L1 forum!!! lol…

ID, Ticket, pencils, calc, eraser, watch are the only thing allowed in the room. Level I is not calculation intensive, it is good to practice the long ones to know the ins and outs to the best of your ability, but there is not a lot of room needed.

Can I carry two calculators with me?

There is enough space on the question-book for you to do the necessary calculations…Besides, as far as I can remember there 1-2 blank pages at the end of the book, just in case… However, bear in mind that, based on my last year’s L1 experience, the exam is not so calculation-intensive (as is the case with many schweser questions)… Thus, do not worry about this!Try to grasp the concepts in a critical way! I do not think you can carry two calculators…You may carry an additional battery and earplugs…

smuggycfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can I carry two calculators with me? you can carry as many as you want provided they are permitted.

level 1 is not as calc intensive as schweser makes it out to be. you are allowed to use blank space on the question paper and some blank pages at the end of the question paper.however you wont need that much space. the exam is mostly conceptual. NEVER carry any scrap paper into the exam hall and NEVER EVER write on the hall ticket. CFAI is very very particular about rules and regulations. i had to take extra care wrt hall ticket especially.2 calculators are not allowed. spare batteries and screwdriver are.

confused2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > level 1 is not as calc intensive as schweser > makes it out to be. you are allowed to use blank > space on the question paper and some blank pages > at the end of the question paper.however you wont > need that much space. the exam is mostly > conceptual. > > NEVER carry any scrap paper into the exam hall and > NEVER EVER write on the hall ticket. CFAI is very > very particular about rules and regulations. i had > to take extra care wrt hall ticket especially.2 > calculators are not allowed. spare batteries and > screwdriver are. 2 calculators are allowed, I’ve heard of many people take multiple calculators during their exams incase one breaks. They’ll check both very carefully.