Screwed

I just got a new job and have to re-activate my series 7/66 since my previous employer did not wish to sponsor it. Now i need it for my new job. I’ll have to get it within the next month or so…not sure how i’ll juggle the series exams with the level 3. I know the series exams are easy, but they will still take away at least 1.5 months away from CFA time. Sigh…

Er, do you really need 8 months to study for the L3 exam? Those licensing exams are also really easy, plus you’ve done them before. I don’t think it will be difficult for you to pass everything…

yes, considering i have a new job and the workload in 2010, i’ll def need more than 6 months for the level 3 exam.

You can do it. You really only need 6 months to study per level if you prepare properly. You just need to sacrifice your weekends. Study for the next 2-3 weeks for the series 7/66 (it should take no longer). I know people who passed without even cracking a book. Pass it - then go back to the CFA texts. Its very manageable. So you are not screwed, you just think you are.

Lol. We’re in November. The exam is in June.

Shouldn’t be that bad should it? Obviously you’ve already passed the 66/7 so you know what you’re in for. If you started now I’d think you could get both done by this time next month. Assuming you don’t even crack a L3 book before then that still leaves you with approximately 175 days to study. Need 300 hours to pass L3? That’s still under two hours a day. Just make a schedule and stick to your goals. Won’t be that bad.

My life is so hard!

I took the 66 back in…maybe 2001. It was mostly regulatory stuff, blue sky laws, etc. A co-worker just took it a few weeks ago and apparently they’ve added stuff like Sharpe ratio - My point being hopefully you’re going to see some of the lower-hanging fruit from CFA curriculum. Good luck - you’ll get it done. Agree with the above - there’s still plenty of time if you work hard enough.

kellyc319 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just got a new job and have to re-activate my > series 7/66 since my previous employer did not > wish to sponsor it. Now i need it for my new job. > I’ll have to get it within the next month or > so…not sure how i’ll juggle the series exams > with the level 3. I know the series exams are > easy, but they will still take away at least 1.5 > months away from CFA time. Sigh… im nodding my head like “yeah”, then moving my hips like “yeah”

hot, white, jailbait @ss.

CF_AHHHHHHHHH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hot, white, jailbait @ss. in 3 years, hollar at me Miley Cyrus

I’m sure you already know but if it’s been less than 2 years you can still reinstate those 2 licenses. You should be able to spend about a week on each test studying and be fine. Just did the 24 and spent about 8 days studying and passed, and I’m no whiz. You’ll have no problem. leaves plenty for L3.

GMofDen Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m sure you already know but if it’s been less > than 2 years you can still reinstate those 2 > licenses. You should be able to spend about a > week on each test studying and be fine. > Just did the 24 and spent about 8 days studying > and passed, and I’m no whiz. You’ll have no > problem. leaves plenty for L3. I kept reading this post looking for some reference to Miley Cyrus or something that could classify as statutory rape… I was sadly disappointed.

Don’t worry. It ain’t like the L3 is in December.