Search really drains the spirit..

Hey, long time lurker here, been searching for a job for 5 months now. I’ll admit I’ve been picky, and been only going for AM/ER/IB. Probably had 19 interviews by now, and to go through each one, with no solid offer drains the spirit. Top undergrad business school - finance passed CFA L2 worked 2yrs MO at a bulge bracket, and buyside experience for 2 yrs. been going through hoops for some of these companies. one wanted a full report on some company, another wanted a writing sample and build a model. I thought with my stats, I’d do better. there must be insane competition out there.

Green, I hear you bro. I passed level 1 last year and went to a good business school with a major in finance. I have been working in BO for three years and I feel like I am wasting my time looking for a new job. I have been looking for 4 months and and have been on multiple interviews but can’t seem to land a new job. It’s very frustrating. On top of the competiton, the job I am looking for requires the series7 and I don’t have it.

i’ve only been searching for about a month or so, but i agree that it’s draining. it’s tough to even get an interview, so 20 interviews (I’m assuming ~6-7 companies) isn’t too bad

beingthatguy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Green, > > I hear you bro. I passed level 1 last year and > went to a good business school with a major in > finance. I have been working in BO for three > years and I feel like I am wasting my time looking > for a new job. I have been looking for 4 months > and and have been on multiple interviews but can’t > seem to land a new job. It’s very frustrating. On > top of the competiton, the job I am looking for > requires the series7 and I don’t have it. Difference is he has good work experience.

SuperiorReturn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Difference is he has good work experience. MEAN, but true. In my humble opinion, most of us would probably be in good shape to have the following stuff at the ready (for what it’s worth, I do): -Updated resume -Generic cover letter you can mod as needed -Research/writing sample or both- should be on an actual idea you’ve got money in, if it’ll help you pitch it better and stay abreast of it. -List of references if possible - not just a printed page, but also be sure everyone on it is relevant, supportive of you, and ready to talk on your behalf -At least a model or example of your skillz with whatever programs you’ll be expected to write in (excel all the way up to whatever some of you quant folks use) -Game face (Use 4loko if you need help with this) With the number of applicants responding, it seems like job postings can be filled with a qualified butt pretty quickly. Best to not have to wait a day or two to get your crap in order when you see something you want.

Not sure, but I think 4loko is anti-game face.

is supersadface the reincarnated Numi?

NYCGorilla Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > is supersadface the reincarnated Numi? I will most certainly take that as a compliment. And Bromion, 4loko is *definitive* game-face. Shotgun a delicious blue-raspberry tallboy and crush the can on your FACE as you take the elevator up to your interview for best results.

Oh, my bad, I forgot the part about crushing the can on your face (that always works).