SEC Banning Short Selling

Holy SH$#. Just reported by the WSJ on CNBC. Apparently it’s in the works.

If this turns out to be true, I’ll probably be unemployed very soon.

Hedge funds are f*****************************************ed. This is wrong. Terrible common sense. All you need is a uptick rule to stop momentum. But I guess people at the top just don’t get it. I seriously think common people from CNBC would do better at the decision making at the top.

Don’t you know, we wouldn’t be in this mess if it weren’t for hedge funds.

baby with the bathwater frikkin baby killers lol

I have never been this angered at the government and regulators in my entire life. Let’s just ban selling…or pull a page from Russia’s pathetic playbook and just shut down. These people are as clueless as they are despicable. These are really sad days. What is it about working for the government that automatically makes people so stupid???

It’s not working for the gov’t; it’s working for the GWB Administration. That guy has this imperious leadership style that doesn’t tolerate any dissent and he’s very dumb. Maybe even dumber than James Buchanan.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It’s not working for the gov’t; it’s working for > the GWB Administration. That guy has this > imperious leadership style that doesn’t tolerate > any dissent and he’s very dumb. Maybe even dumber > than James Buchanan. You’re correct, and it’s stunning. Seriously. What is it about this admin that can turn otherwise normal, intelligent people into delusional, pandering morons who are unable to grasp even the most basic facts??? What hope does this country have when the people in positions of authority are like this? It’s depressing. I have steam shooting out my ears right now.

Talk about the SEC going 0 to 60 in the blink of an eye. I don’t see a temporary ban a as a long-term solution. The SEC needs to put its foot down on the Wall St rumor machine. I wonder what this will do to the options market regarding selling calls and buying puts.

This is exactly what happens when you put an MBA in charge of something. Endless memos and the whole place goes to hell in a handbasket.

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Talk about the SEC going 0 to 60 in the blink of > an eye. I don’t see a temporary ban a as a > long-term solution. The SEC needs to put its foot > down on the Wall St rumor machine. Now this is something that GWB would like. Let’s tap the phones of everyone working on Wall Street and figure out where these leaks are coming from. > I wonder what > this will do to the options market regarding > selling calls and buying puts. Smash.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is exactly what happens when you put an MBA > in charge of something. Endless memos and the > whole place goes to hell in a handbasket. Are you talking about Cox? I cant even tell anymore. All these assholes seem the same at this point.

GWB is the first MBA President.

bustard gives MBAs a bad name - they should revoke the twit’s degree. there are lots of very smart MBAs who got into the program on merit and deserve responsibility. this moron got in because of daddy and granpa, now he’s suddenly woken up from a weeks long slumber and pulled the trigger on the daftest idea ever.

Good. Greedy pigs have been mercilessly pounding the sh*t out of financial stocks and stoking irrational fears. Ban shorts on financials temporarily.

Which greedy pigs are those?

Hedge funds mostly

You know what bothers me the most about this short selling nonsense, what the real tip-off is as to why it’s complete BS? No one, and I mean NO ONE, can ever provide any actual data about it. No one has EVER quantified how much shorting is naked, or how much it’s restraining stock prices. And if we’re gonna ban short selling, I propose we halt buying on stocks with P/E ratios > 25x, since they’re clearly bubble stocks being driven up at the hands of evil pumpers.

PhillyBanker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hedge funds mostly Do you know anything about hedge funds? They didn’t do this or even have much to do with it at all.

I don’t get it. Cox hasn’t caved on the uptick rule – a rule that doesn’t really comply with free markets, but something that you could look the other way on – but is now going to ban short selling??? This is truly amazing… Now Bernake, Paulson, and Cox are meeting with N. Pelosi; I guess Nancy is discussing her views on credit default swaps. I can only imagine what’s going through Paulson and Bernake’s head…