Second Attempt Failed. From band 4 to i think band 9/10th

So I need advice on what to do

First attempt L2 2017- Failed band 4

Second Attempt L2 2018- Failed, but i dont know how to interpret what band i was in. In the graph I was almost at the MPS… should i ask for recount? How many times did a recount actually turn out into a pass.

Also if I re-take, would you guys recomend Wiley courses for prep. I used last time CFAI (EOC and some topics) and moslty Kaplan + QBANKS and their mocks

I was scoring 67% avg on the mocks

Please help!

Keep going - you’re close. Go through the entire CFA curriculum next time - readings, blue boxes, EOCs and do the topic tests online. Might as well get used to reading the entire CFA curriculum as you’ll need to do it for L3 anyway. Then just keep plugging away at any mocks you can find.

Maybe nerves got the best of you - but solidly knowing the actual material from the CFA folks will give you the confidence you need to push through.

I wouldn’t ask for a recount / retab as the process is pretty thorough as is. That said if paying the fee would put your mind at rest then go for it.

I’ll let others comment on third party providers

After my Level II fail I still did Kaplan Schweser the next year. Took better notes. Made notecards of every formula and major concepts (had 150 by the time I was done). Also I completed and re-completed every blue box and EOC question in the CFA books.

Reading the CFA books straight was just too big to swallow (that’s what she said).

Sounds like you had a major improvement from year one. I went from Band 6 to Pass. Give it your all and I’m sure you’ll get there as a Band 10.

That being said, third time would be the end for me. Three strikes and I was out. Thankfully it didn’t come to that.

Focus on CFA Curriculum for the final push… dont use any third party material, you will most likely not get the additional points you need by using third party materials, so focus on the curriculum and you will be fine.

Cheers.

Hi dont give up… Start studying from the CFA curriculum this time and put in more hours and there is no way you’ll ever fail again. Moreover always remember you may work hard and pass level 2 and 3 in next 2 years so take the paper once more and all the best…

So many different strategies work for different people. It is hard to single out one particular strategy that works. One thing I found that helped me specifically is I started studying at 5am-7am before I went to work rather than studying after work. I felt as though I retained more information.

I wouldn’t bother doing the retab (I’ve done it once for a Band 10 score).

Waste of $100 imo

You’re close and I agree, a re-count wont do anything but if it gives you peace of mind, sure go for it.

I purely used Kaplan notes, then read CFAI text for parts that I didn’t understand, did the bluebox and eoc questions, and kaplan qbank and wiley qbanks. I did all the Kaplan mocks, Wiley Mocks, CFAI mocks, IFT mocks, Boston Mocks, and Konvexity Mocks. As you can see, I beleive mocks is the answer. You need to lift your mock score into the 70s. At 67%, you’re close.

Everyone is saying how this year was harder and how the mps went up. Plus we’ve seen some topic weight shifts. If you were this close then just go for it next year!!

If you learn better from videos, like me, go with Mark Meldrum! Studying with his videos was the reason I passed near the 90th percentile! I’ve also used Wiley.'s books(Schweser might be just as good).

I just bought Mark’s full subscription + Grading Session for Level 3 and am going with CFAI books for the last one!

Band 9/10 know the material, just need more practice. I went Band 5, 9, pass…

Do all the EOC’s, quizzes, and mocks you can starting in January.

thanks guys!

I did half the Schweser mocks (3 out of 6), the only wiley mock. both the CFA mocks and all three IFT mocks = 9 mocks and skimmed the answers of the Boston mock because it was more efficient given my mock scores. I cannot agree more that mocks are the way to go.