Secret Sauce : )

Did anyone order this and is is worth it ???

I dont have it, but I heard it is good

Is it problems? or formulas I think for this exam concepts are more important than reading formulas. cuz given one formula with n variables, CFA may give us n-1 variable and if we memorize formula by left hand side vs right hand side (in equation format), we’ll be fumbling what to plug where when we actually see the question. I am focusing on common sense and concepts. Anyone else have any ideas?

we need both, I mean to remember the formula and know where is come from( the rational behind).

strangedays Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > we need both, > I mean to remember the formula and know where is > come from( the rational behind). exactly, look at the way they trick us on ROE. They ask for net income and give us ROE %, so anyone that simply memorizes ROE will fumble.

I read it in the morning going to work. It goes over all basic info that is needed to pass and gives some strategy for exam today. Worth it in my eyes…

beingthatguy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I read it in the morning going to work. It goes > over all basic info that is needed to pass and > gives some strategy for exam today. > > > Worth it in my eyes… okay, I’ll buy it

I have it, I like it. Good info on each topic, and references which readings/sections they are from if you need more detail. It has equations and stuff, but more of an overview of key points. No problems. Its small and easy to check out when you have a bit of time, lunchbreak, bus, etc…

I use SS for review. For me it is insufficient. I wish there were more formulas and more tips, especially in economics - being econom grd I remember taylor, but dont lknow who is fkin mccallum - SS does not tell me

Yes, I am reading SS right now as I type (ya multitasking at its best). It is good to refresh on the concepts. I found I have forgotten the reasoning behind a lot of things from the beginning, so it is good to review but when you find something you dont understand, you have to go back to the book. To me it just serves a purpose of helping you memorize equations and enforce that you know the the LOS.

I like the SS too. I have found that when reading the study texts and I don’t understand something, checking out the SS helps me a lot. This is because the SS is to the point w/o any ‘padding.’

Agree - I think Secret Sauce is well worth the money. The concept is explained quick and concisely, and you can read the whole book in likely a day easily. I carry it in my purse to read whenever I have 15-20 minutes free…great overview!