Secret to Finding out Results for Level II

CONTRA was the best game EVER!

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CONTRA was the best game EVER! Incorrect. That title is reserved for Super Mario Brothers 3.

PhabPhour20 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > CONTRA was the best game EVER! > > > Incorrect. > > That title is reserved for Super Mario Brothers 3. Um, Leisure Suit Larry was most certainly the best game ever. That or multiplayer Tetris on the first generation Gameboy (black and white, USB link style)

PhabPhour20 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > CONTRA was the best game EVER! > > > Incorrect. > > That title is reserved for Super Mario Brothers 3. As much as I love Mario 3… IMO, Super Mario Bros. 2 was the best. Super challenging and by far the most twisted game in the Mario Bros series. I mean you had to throw beets and rutabagas at masked/caped crawly creatures. WTF was with that?! Oh and Toad was the MAN on Mario 2. Micro Machines was a wicked game too.

Second on Micro Machines. A much overlooked game.

Mike Tyson’s Punch Out is my favorite game of all time. Tecmo Bowl is up there too.

glendronach Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > PhabPhour20 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > CONTRA was the best game EVER! > > > > > > Incorrect. > > > > That title is reserved for Super Mario Brothers > 3. > > As much as I love Mario 3… IMO, Super Mario > Bros. 2 was the best. Super challenging and by > far the most twisted game in the Mario Bros > series. I mean you had to throw beets and > rutabagas at masked/caped crawly creatures. WTF > was with that?! Oh and Toad was the MAN on Mario > 2. > Micro Machines was a wicked game too. The story behind that game was that Nintendo had actually programmed a totally different Super Mario 2 that was released in Japan. But apparently it was extremely difficult and they thought it might kill the franchise in the US. so they ended up taking a completely different game made in Japan and substituting the Mario characters in for the original ones, and boom, that was the SM2 we all know and love. The Japanese one that was supposed to be the original I think has been released in a repackaged deal called Super Mario: Lost Levels, or something like that, but I have never played it. Yeah, I am full of useless info like this.

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CONTRA was the best game EVER! AGREED.

This is definitely a question worth asking… what was the best weapon in Contra? I’m thinking spread gun with the rapid fire. The machine gun didn’t suck, and the curly fireball gun had some usefulness when the target wasn’t exactly in line. But me and the laser never got along. And it wasn’t unlimited lives, but 30 lives.

spread with rapid. hands down

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > spread with rapid. hands down This is not even a question. Spread > any other weapon times infinity.

Tecmo Super Bowl: 8 plays (4 more than Tecmo Bowl) Guess your opponents play and watch the mayhem unfold. I can’t tell you how many times my brother accussed me of cheating. Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen, greatest video game backfield ever. Ninja Gaiden: Not much hype for this game but I loved it. Bases Loaded: Awesome baseball game.

More Cowbell Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Tecmo Super Bowl: > 8 plays (4 more than Tecmo Bowl) > Guess your opponents play and watch the mayhem > unfold. I can’t tell you how many times my > brother accussed me of cheating. > Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen, greatest video game > backfield ever. > > Ninja Gaiden: > Not much hype for this game but I loved it. > > Bases Loaded: > Awesome baseball game. Totally forgot about Ninja Gaiden… Super fun, but super hard! Bases Loaded & RBI Baseball were wicked, as was Blades of Steel (best hockey game of the time… Especially the little half time game with the Space Ship)

buh buh… Blades of Steel! The fights were out of control. Amazing.

PhabPhour20 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > CONTRA was the best game EVER! > > > Incorrect. > > That title is reserved for Super Mario Brothers 3. Contra was top 5 for NES, but I favored Mike Tyson’s Punchout and Metal Gear. With that said Final Fantasy VII (PS1) was the best, closely followed by Civilization II (PS1), and Chessmaster (PS2 / PC).

I almost forgot Double Dribble. I can still hear that computer voice saying “Double Dribble” when you start the game. Worst sports game graphics ever but god did I love that game. Hit a three point shot and it sounded like an A-bomb.

http://www.theloveofnfl.com/site/comments/all_time_super_tecmo_bowl_team/ Oh yeah!

Mega Man 2! It has some of the best video game music of that era.

Spoony Bard Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mega Man 2! > > It has some of the best video game music of that > era. Just wanted to say, your name is an awesome reference to one of my favorite games of all time. Kudos to you buddy. Any fan of FF2 is a friend of mine! And don’t even get me started on video game music.

Awesome overlooked NES Games: Master Blaster Bionic Commando River City Ransom Castlevania 2