Seeking Alpha

Are there any other websites similar to SeekingAlpha.com? Is this the only industry leader with diverse group of analyst’s articles? Guru focus looks similar, but does not look well organized. Any input? Regards

There is one other site that I really like in terms of aggregating some thought-provoking information – generally broader view and macro pieces, but pretty interesting. The site is abnormalreturns.com. Anyone else read that site? What else do you guys like reading?

Market Folly is another good one.

SMEKA23 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Are there any other websites similar to > SeekingAlpha.com? Is this the only industry leader > with diverse group of analyst’s articles? Guru > focus looks similar, but does not look well > organized. Any input? > > Regards GuruFocus can be excellent, but you are correct re: not being well organized. My suggestion would be to bookmark the pages of the fund managers you enjoy and read their quarterly updates when they come out. Yes, seriously - just plug it in your Outlook calendar as a recurring event and print or save them when they come out. This is a nice way to keep abreast of what truly awesome managers are thinking about, given current market conditions. Sometimes you’ll even get super lucky and they’ll walk you through the buy side analysis of a position they’ve put on (or exited recently, if it worked out OK) and you can print the financials of the security and try your hand at it. This is time intensive but absolutely awesome in terms of getting into a PM’s head.

Businessinsider is good as well. They don’t quite have the type of quantitative analyses of seekingalpha, but there is a lot of good user-submitted data there.

I have to disagree with reading fund manager analyses–often times they are simply talking their books and two capable managers will give you conflicting signals. Particularly if they are mutual fund managers, they are subjected to the short term whims of investors and therefore will position data to support their portfolio. They are so afraid of SEC violations that they will sugar coat and condition nearly everything they say in public pronouncements. There are a few traditional managers that have built up enough political capital to be able to speak their minds, I would put PIMCO, GMO, and Oaktree in this group. There are others as well. Otherwise, stick to reading hedge funds letters to investors as they are more willing to speak their minds and be honest about their views and performance. Market Folly is the best resource for this. You should be able to find enough letters here to occupy 10-20 hours a month which is more than enough time to devote to this endeavor.

I agree with you. I used to write articles in Seeking Alpha. I discontinued writing due to work and exam prep. I recently wrote an article for Alpha on Coinstar stock. http://seekingalpha.com/article/276066-start-collecting-coinstar I was exploring what other sites similar to Seeking Alpha. Appreciate your responses; I guess Guru Focus is the most comparable web site as far as number of published articles is concerned. As the user “Super” mentioned, they should organize their site more navigable. Regards, Sreeni