Sell off

…is it here? We’re due for a major sell off IMO. must be all the GS conspiracy theories I’ve been reading…

yes i think so.

I’m ready for it, sitting in about 70% cash and sold off 25% of my gf’s retirement assets last couple weeks.

i was going to buy protective puts, but just decided to put in sell stops. my only fear is we hit a hiccup that trips them and then we head back up. my gut says the headwinds are too strong. anyone play VXX for exposure to the VIX? It’s a note not a fund. does it track well?

jbaldyga Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i was going to buy protective puts, but just > decided to put in sell stops. my only fear is we > hit a hiccup that trips them and then we head back > up. my gut says the headwinds are too strong. > > anyone play VXX for exposure to the VIX? It’s a > note not a fund. does it track well? Keep in mind stops are not guaranteed to be filled, much less at the price you want them to. My 2c is that the VIX ETF is not the best hedge for you if you just want to protect against SP downside.

I’ve got an IRA I’m looking to rollover to a Roth, so I could benefit from a selloff.

someone sent me this: http://dshort.com/charts/bears/road-to-recovery-large.gif

I was -1.28% across all my accounts today vs. S&P -2.43%. Kind of annoying how big the loss was given how much cash I’m sitting on, looks like all my fixed income funds got crushed for some reason.