sell side equity research associate salary

what can I expect…granted its a very broad question…just looking for a range/s…

$50,000-$2 million

something more realistic might help…

associate: base $70k-$90k. Bonus $0 - $60k. All in compensation (this is the one that holds because base + bonus tends to come out in this range) = $100k-$130k. so if you get a 70 base and you’re a decent associate your bonus will be $30k - $60k. if you get a 90 base your bonus will be $10k - $40k.

Thanks Strikershank…

strikershank Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > associate: > > base $70k-$90k. > Bonus $0 - $60k. > > All in compensation (this is the one that holds > because base + bonus tends to come out in this > range) = $100k-$130k. > > so if you get a 70 base and you’re a decent > associate your bonus will be $30k - $60k. > if you get a 90 base your bonus will be $10k - > $40k. That’s it?! I always thought that it was at least a $300K job (with a few years of experience).

is there any job with “associate” in the title that pays $300k a year?

Yes. 3rd year investment bank associate.

and a third year IB assocaite means they have at LEAST 5 years experience (2 years analyst then if they’re good, they go to an assocaite level for 3 years…)…

in most firms i’ve seen “research associate” is at least one level below analyst.

capital markets 101. Research from lowest experience to highest. assistant - associate - analyst - director of research. investment banking from lowest experience upwards. analyst - associate - director (i think) - md? i’m not from the banking environment so after the analyst then associate levels i’m not sure if you become a director or if there’s another step in between.

Vice President