sellside research reports?

I have an account at fidelity and I used to enjoy reading some of the lehman reports. Now they don’ t have them anymore. Anybody know any cheap discount brokers that have decent, human writtten research reports for cheap? I have a boa/merrill account that has some good ones but am looking for more.

probably wells/wachovia

Citibank/Smith Barney. You can sign up for free without an account. You then have access to Citi, Morningstar and some other research.

mcthorp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Citibank/Smith Barney. You can sign up for free > without an account. You then have access to Citi, > Morningstar and some other research. can you provide a link? only place i see to sign up requires an account #

bump.

I’d like to access research reports as well, but I don’t know where. Does anybody have that link?

I have some decent, rooster-written reports if you want those instead.

“Human” because some brokers put out computer generated reports that they pass off as research.

mcthorp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Citibank/Smith Barney. You can sign up for free > without an account. You then have access to Citi, > Morningstar and some other research. mcthorp any insight on this? i just signed up for free, no dice on the reports without an account

try Glass Lewis and Risk Metrics. Do you have access to the Bloomberg terminal?

What about Bear Stearns? Oh shoot - forgot.

AlwaysBeClosing Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mcthorp Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Citibank/Smith Barney. You can sign up for free > > without an account. You then have access to > Citi, > > Morningstar and some other research. > > > mcthorp any insight on this? i just signed up for > free, no dice on the reports without an account What type of Citi account do you need…does a savings account satisfy?

They pulled access to this freebie a while ago. I had double-checked my unfettered access at the time I wrote that post, but now you are out of luck.