Senate Voting on UNREAD bill

This is great The bill was 3 pages now it’s 400. It’s being voted on WITHOUT BEING READ. If buyers, that didn’t read & understand their Loan Documents, started this mess; Why do our Congress Members or Senators, happily, vote on an UNREAD bill?

Senate ‘bailout bill’ demands insurance companies ‘provide coverage for mental health treatment’… Drudgereport

PtrainerNY Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Senate ‘bailout bill’ demands insurance companies > ‘provide coverage for mental health treatment’… > Drudgereport Yeah BABY. Now we’re talking!

450 and counting. This is really dumb. Those jerks.

Senate doesn’t matter.

A few of the earmarks stuffed in the bill: - Film and Television Productions (Sec. 502) - Wooden Arrows designed for use by children (Sec. 503) - 6 page package of earmarks for litigants in the 1989 Exxon Valdez incident, Alaska (Sec. 504) Tax earmark “extenders” in the bailout bill. - Virgin Island and Puerto Rican Rum (Section 308) - American Samoa (Sec. 309) - Mine Rescue Teams (Sec. 310) - Mine Safety Equipment (Sec. 311) - Domestic Production Activities in Puerto Rico (Sec. 312) - Indian Tribes (Sec. 314, 315) - Railroads (Sec. 316) - Auto Racing Tracks (317) - District of Columbia (Sec. 322) - Wool Research (Sec. 325)

Wool Research?!? That’s it. They’ve gone too far.

It passed the Senate!

that was the procedural vote, final vote going on now

Most of the additions were part of HR 6049, which passed in various versions in both the Senate and House, although Bush said he would veto the version the House passed. Nothing much new, though.

virginCFAhooker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wool Research?!? That’s it. They’ve gone too > far. dang it. don’t stand between me and my softer sweater

PtrainerNY Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A few of the earmarks stuffed in the bill: > > - Film and Television Productions (Sec. 502) > - Wooden Arrows designed for use by children (Sec. > 503) > - 6 page package of earmarks for litigants in the > 1989 Exxon Valdez incident, Alaska (Sec. 504) > > Tax earmark “extenders” in the bailout bill. > - Virgin Island and Puerto Rican Rum (Section > 308) > - American Samoa (Sec. 309) > - Mine Rescue Teams (Sec. 310) > - Mine Safety Equipment (Sec. 311) > - Domestic Production Activities in Puerto Rico > (Sec. 312) > - Indian Tribes (Sec. 314, 315) > - Railroads (Sec. 316) > - Auto Racing Tracks (317) > - District of Columbia (Sec. 322) > - Wool Research (Sec. 325) I thought you were joking. You weren’t. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Are these people actually that *$&^ insane?

So what state has a major wooden arrow factory?

US? Nah… We don’t do wool. Probably some lobbyist from Pakistan or Mongolia.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) voted yea despite receiving 85,000 calls against it – out of 91,000 total calls.

Maybe she got them mixed up? Simple mistake.

DJIA Futures are down 90. Surprising. Everyone I talked to today expected the Senate to pass it.

PtrainerNY Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A few of the earmarks stuffed in the bill: > > - Film and Television Productions (Sec. 502) > - Wooden Arrows designed for use by children (Sec. > 503) > - 6 page package of earmarks for litigants in the > 1989 Exxon Valdez incident, Alaska (Sec. 504) > > Tax earmark “extenders” in the bailout bill. > - Virgin Island and Puerto Rican Rum (Section > 308) > - American Samoa (Sec. 309) > - Mine Rescue Teams (Sec. 310) > - Mine Safety Equipment (Sec. 311) > - Domestic Production Activities in Puerto Rico > (Sec. 312) > - Indian Tribes (Sec. 314, 315) > - Railroads (Sec. 316) > - Auto Racing Tracks (317) > - District of Columbia (Sec. 322) > - Wool Research (Sec. 325) I read that stuff on dealbreaker and thought they were kidding! Then I looked at a copy of the bill and geez its all for real!!! This is such BS… Hank Paulson was doing this thinking that it would genuinely help the markets and the economy…this kind of sh*t is only watering it down!.. what the hell are they thinking!

Syd_RE Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > PtrainerNY Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > A few of the earmarks stuffed in the bill: > > > > - Film and Television Productions (Sec. 502) > > - Wooden Arrows designed for use by children > (Sec. > > 503) > > - 6 page package of earmarks for litigants in > the > > 1989 Exxon Valdez incident, Alaska (Sec. 504) > > > > Tax earmark “extenders” in the bailout bill. > > - Virgin Island and Puerto Rican Rum (Section > > 308) > > - American Samoa (Sec. 309) > > - Mine Rescue Teams (Sec. 310) > > - Mine Safety Equipment (Sec. 311) > > - Domestic Production Activities in Puerto Rico > > (Sec. 312) > > - Indian Tribes (Sec. 314, 315) > > - Railroads (Sec. 316) > > - Auto Racing Tracks (317) > > - District of Columbia (Sec. 322) > > - Wool Research (Sec. 325) > > I read that stuff on dealbreaker and thought they > were kidding! > > Then I looked at a copy of the bill and geez its > all for real!!! > > This is such BS… > > Hank Paulson was doing this thinking that it would > genuinely help the markets and the economy…this > kind of sh*t is only watering it down!.. > > what the hell are they thinking! thats how the american political system works.

PTrainerNY, Come on, haven’t you seen Boiling for Columbine? They interviewed that one Senator who goes “Look, we don’t read MOST of the bills we vote on”. Willy