Sequence of Reading ?

Hello Folks, Does it matter whether to follow Sequence given by CFAI Text ? I mean instead of going reading one by one, if I select any specific Topic and complete that topic before going to another topic, do you think it is OK ? Your suggestion will be appericiated. -Thanks,

consensus is to go in order. I did in order for level 1 and it worked, so i will stick to this format for level 2.

yeah i also suggest going in order. starting and ending with ethics. get used to that order since the exam will be that order. if the exam was not divided into sections and was just a hodge podge of random questions then i dont think studying in order would help as much

^ L2 is not in “that order” just FYI. it can be in any order. ethics usually starts the test, but beyond that, your guess is as good as mine on how the item sets will come at you and in what frequency aside from some loose guidelines.

bannisja Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ L2 is not in “that order” just FYI. it can be > in any order. ethics usually starts the test, but > beyond that, your guess is as good as mine on how > the item sets will come at you and in what > frequency aside from some loose guidelines. really!!! ethics usually starts the test but not always? and its NOT in order? talk about a total mind blow. so is it still separated by topics and you just dont know what order the topics will be in?

SkipE99 Wrote: > > really?!?! ethics usually starts the test but not > always? and its NOT in order? talk about a total > mind blow. so is it still separated by topics and > you just dont know what order the topics will be > in? SkipE99, you might wanna check this: http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/courseofstudy/pdf/sample_levelii_itemset_questions.pdf Sample of questions for L2. Not in order! Starts in FSA, to get you through Quant, tempt you with some FI, what the hell, there are 6 questions in a vignette, get some Econ too.

i think this is why people fail. you study one way, but the test comes at you random level 1 is juice compared to this, since you can expect the “flow” of questions…, in order words, im sh&&&&& in my old navy pants

this is not why people fail, but expect the unexpected should be something you’re quite comfy with going into this exam. so back to the original post, pick whatever you want and start. quant is a good base, i would start there, but after that it’s your call. I think FSA to corp fi to equity in order is a good progression also. everything else, do whenever you want. econ is maybe the “easiest” of the reads (but many including me got smoked on the exam b/c they tested the obscure). PM i’d leave til after you do FSA/equity. FI is pretty stand alone, do whenever. I’d do derivs after FI not before- binomial trees are easier in FI than derivs. Derivs is one of the harder sections, allow time to study it but I’d do it later on. I’m going quant, then econ, then FI as my ease-in… then will move to the meat and potatoes around Dec/Jan (FSA/corp fi/Equity).

excellent, this thread has certainly added some value to my approach. thanks

Thanks bannisja. Even I was looking to follow the SS order, but it appears irrelevant now. Then I guess any order is good as long as everything is accounted for