Series 7 classes online? Any supplementary material?

Does anyone know of series classes that my friend can take online or a condensed version books provided by Kaplan or other companies that can help study for it? How difficult is this test considering English is not a first language and she has been in states for 5 years? Please let me know I would greatly appreciate it.

Has anyone taken the 7 that can help answer this quesiton?

Almost always the employer buys a study book for you. (You can’t take the test without an employer sponsoring you.) If you absolutely have a jones to buy your own, here they are: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_kk_2?ie=UTF8&search-alias=aps&field-keywords=series%207%20exam As for difficulty, use “search” function in this forum.

DarienHacker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Almost always the employer buys a study book for > you. (You can’t take the test without an employer > sponsoring you.) > > If you absolutely have a jones to buy your own, > here they are: > http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_kk_2?ie=UTF8&search > -alias=aps&field-keywords=series%207%20exam > > As for difficulty, use “search” function in this > forum. Yes. Make sure your friend is sponsored by a FINRA member broker dealer, otherwise he won’t be able to take it. But I’m sure your friend knows that but just in case he doesn’t, just wanted to throw that out at you. As for the difficulty, the cirriculum is not very indepth. I feel what makes it somewhat challenging is that there is so much to learn and it’s a 6 hour exam with roughly 300 questions, if I recall when I took it. I felt the Series 24 to be much easier than the 7. It also depends on your friend’s background. If he’s in the securities industry, he shouldn’t have a hard time. If not (like my friend who is in IT but had to get the 7 for his job) then he would be looking at a few to several months of studying. It took my friend 5 months to study because he was having a hard time grasping it. I remember being on the phone with him explanining to him why his answers were wrong and why the correct answers were correct.

Thank you both Darien and Mister 2, great responses. Mister 2, so sounds like 7 is not that bad, I actually want to take it down the road myself. It should overlap with material with L1 and L2 that I’ve covered so far, right? What Books do you suggest to study for it? Is there a Schweser for 7? My friend knows about sponsoring and her boss is willing to do pay for it. Her problem is that she has no background in it and wants to take classes, where things are explained to her, instead of teach your self type of program that we are in. Any classes out there that you heard about?

If you can pass Level 1, the series 7 should require a week of light studying at the most. Even if your friend has no background at all, and she is intelligent, all she will need are the books for maybe a month. When I took mine I borrowed books from a friend who used Greico Financial Training in New York city. http://www.greico.com/ He took the course with them and said it was great, I just used the books and can vouch that they were very good. I didn’t have much experience before the test, but after one read through the Greico books I was prepared.

ThanxL1, that site looks very promising actually, i forwarded it to her. Youre studying for L1 right? Give me your email I have something for you…

No the LI in my username actually refers to long island. I passed Level 1 last summer, and I am studying for L2 now.

why don’t you just buy a Series 7 review kit off eBay…tons of people sell their old review materials from STC (Securities Training Corp). I’ve seen them on eBay for around $25 or up. Hmm…I probably should have done that with my books too, except I was in a rush to relocate and ended up just throwing them out.

I am not sure how Schweser books are for the 7. Actually, I’m not sure if they offer it. I would recommend the STC materials. They are pretty self explanatory and have tons of questions. You can try Ebay but don’t buy materials that are too old (Older than 6 months).