Series 7 question...please help if you know

Hi guys, I know this question is not relevant to CFA, but does anyone who’s taking the CFA know what is the most popular study material for the series 7? Something like Schweser, easy and consise. Your help is appreciated.

Training Consultants is good

how do you like their materials? what is it like?

i just used a book from kaplan that my company purchased. It was good enough. Exam is a joke, so it prob doesnt matter whose books u use.

I was wondering if you are able to pass w/o studying series 7 materials, but with knowledge of CFA level II materials. Possible? hehe

The materials are not difficult, but they are not like the CFA materials. Depending on what you do you might be able to pass, but probably not. You have to be sponsored for the exam so your employer will give you the materials; no need to search them out yourself.

NO. mrturbo311 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was wondering if you are able to pass w/o > studying series 7 materials, but with knowledge of > CFA level II materials. Possible? hehe

i would have tried without studying but would have been fired with a fail. wasnt worth it, so i obviously studied.

I used STC and found the videos to give you a good overview. As I recall it was much more rule oriented than the CFA. What was good was you could schedule it whenever you wanted and you had to wait all of 5 seconds for the results. http://www.stcusa.com

just use Kaplan

I used STC for the 7 and it will do the job. The practice tests CD you will get from STC would absolutely get you through.

If you are in NYC, I highly recommend Greico downtown. I used them when I took 7. They overtrain you so you pass with ease.

I agree with STC. They have a CD also that has practice questions that are very similar to the real thing. The STC material also had many practice exams, enough for you to pass.

Dearborn or STC

I used Dearborn. Its a joke compared to the CFA exams but you do have to prepare.

STC was very good. I definitely recommend it. Get their practice CD as well.