Seriously how long for Work Experience Review?

I know this has been discussed ad nauseum but I’m getting tired of waiting without any clarification. My sponsors have been done for over a week and I have no idea whether they’ll take 2 weeks or 2 months on the work experience review. I see other people are already getting theirs rejected which is just confusing me more. Honestly, how long do I need to wait? Do I need to do something else after the sponsors stuff is in?

i would just expect it to take the max time. if anything before that then you should be excited.

Because on top of 3 months to grade each of my tests, it is unreasonable for them to go over a few paragraphs of work experience quickly?

This is why, if you have the money, it is a good idea to get this process started as early as possible. I became a regular member after passing L1 because I knew there would be a huge logjam of L3 passers trying to get approved at the same time.

I felt like that would be a jinx. I guess that is a pretty bad rationale on my part.

For me, it was extra motivation to pass!

thissucks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I felt like that would be a jinx. I guess that is > a pretty bad rationale on my part. For what its worth my work was approved - I got my sponsor letters in about a week after August 16th And… its not irrational to want to wait on results before proceeding to the next step - I just generally dislike counting my chickens before they hatch

ATH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is why, if you have the money, it is a good > idea to get this process started as early as > possible. I became a regular member after passing > L1 because I knew there would be a huge logjam of > L3 passers trying to get approved at the same > time. how do you become a regular member without passing all 3 exams. you mean affiliate member

batgirl4ever Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > thissucks Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I felt like that would be a jinx. I guess that > is > > a pretty bad rationale on my part. > > > For what its worth my work was approved - I got my > sponsor letters in about a week after August 16th > > And… its not irrational to want to wait on > results before proceeding to the next step - I > just generally dislike counting my chickens before > they hatch +1

whystudy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ATH Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > This is why, if you have the money, it is a > good > > idea to get this process started as early as > > possible. I became a regular member after > passing > > L1 because I knew there would be a huge logjam > of > > L3 passers trying to get approved at the same > > time. > > > how do you become a regular member without passing > all 3 exams. you mean affiliate member If you have passed L1 and have 4+ years, you can become a regular member. You are just not a charterholder.

ATH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > whystudy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ATH Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > This is why, if you have the money, it is a > > good > > > idea to get this process started as early as > > > possible. I became a regular member after > > passing > > > L1 because I knew there would be a huge > logjam > > of > > > L3 passers trying to get approved at the same > > > time. > > > > > > how do you become a regular member without > passing > > all 3 exams. you mean affiliate member > > If you have passed L1 and have 4+ years, you can > become a regular member. You are just not a > charterholder. Yea you are right, I keep on thinking only charter holders can be regular members.

Alright, guess I was prematurely complaining. Approved. Now how long for this goddamn society review? I wanna update my signature, business cards, facebook, linkedin, twitter, blog, google+, birth certificate, etc.

thissucks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Alright, guess I was prematurely complaining. > Approved. Now how long for this goddamn society > review? I wanna update my signature, business > cards, facebook, linkedin, twitter, blog, google+, > birth certificate, etc. +1

thissucks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Alright, guess I was prematurely complaining. > Approved. Now how long for this goddamn society > review? I wanna update my signature, business > cards, facebook, linkedin, twitter, blog, google+, > birth certificate, etc. I updated it all except for my birth certificate. any idea how that can be done? not sure if they just allow you to add a comma in my last name

Took about 2-3 weeks for work experience to go through. They took 24 months but rejected 11 months, need to provide more detail.

im still really pissed that after having my work experience pre-approved even though it was only 47 months that i didnt save any time when that 48th month accrued. seems absolutely silly.

generally CFAI will evaluate it in two weeks . They approved all my work experience and I think you should focus on the investment fields of your duties. Hope this helps.

Too funny. I’m in the exact same situation. I had known it might happen, but wanted 47 months approved by CFAI to support the case for 48 months.

I started the process beg of July and got approved the tail end of August. From what I recall, the CFAI approval didn’t take too long - it was the local society that took the longest - They’re given 45 days to give the thumbs up/down.