SFH.. It's like WFH. Except it's school

I have a 4th grader and 2nd grader. Our school district just announced that the first four weeks of school will be taught exclusively in a “virtual, online environment”. Fuuuuuuuudge…

lol and teachers are still getting paid in full. its another form of unemployment insurance paid for by your taxes.

I feel your pain, Greenie. Especially because…what’s going to happen after that four weeks? A vaccine will magically arrive and the world will have been inoculated? You’re in until at least Christmas, my friend.

I think you should put “taught” in quotation marks also.

Good luck to all elementary children and parents out there. Old timer here has kids out of high school. Now I pay for online college…and a Westwood apartment to use for taking classes off campus. Ugh.

I thought that SFH meant sleeping from home.

It’s like sleeping at work, but more comfortable.

Teach 'em how to fill out tax returns!!! :money_mouth_face: :heavy_dollar_sign: :pencil2: :fountain_pen: :briefcase: :chart_with_upwards_trend: :chart_with_downwards_trend: :paperclips: :abacus:

Wealthy couples I know are hiring teacher nannys lol

I have 2 elemntary school kids. If my wife wouldnt lose her job due to Covid it would have been impossible, although our school is opening up for 4 full days and 1 remote day

Nannies.

Oh, the irony.

U r a chilz dood but I nevr Wil undrstnd why you r so an4l bout mesags tiped frm phonez g0d blss

I agree. Clearly S2K is as smart as a whip but wastes his intellect correcting as if he were grading 8th grade writing assignments with a red pen. I mean, granted, some on here do write like 8th-graders, but I digress.

Seeing an S2K grammatical or spelling correction is really just the Debbie Downer moment in any thread on AF.

But are you smarter than a 5th grader. Prolly not. I don’t do grammar unless it’s insta grammars

I simply enjoyed the irony.

1 Like

Would that not be considered a dependent clause with the first subject? I don’t remember all the rules about coordinating conjunctions (obviously).

I have one going into 1st grade and one going into kindergarten. With my wife’s FUBAR work schedule, SFH is a nightmare. She’s home more than I am, but she was not cut out for homeschooling. I just hope our poor kids are resilient enough to do well in future years…

I’m shocked this is an issue for AFers. How are your kids not at Eton or Harrow? Or, at least some hacksaw US boarding school?

In any case, for my child that is too young to attend these schools, we simply hired the teachers.

Are you trying to be the new Ohai?

1 Like

Nope. These are my thoughts. Makes sense I don’t post here much…

damn i miss ohai. you think his future contracts blew up?

If it were someone other than Ohai, I’d be worried that corona got to him. But Ohai is probably way too alpha to succumb to something like that.