Share your Mnemonics

Probably y ield?

Ho-Lee-Shit

You add a dividend yield of an index.

All measures are long term.

Thanks MrSmart.

Also, I just used a mnemonic that someone else had put up here (thank you!)

Pastor Stambaugh adds an estimate of liquidity risk to Fama-French because Pastor Stambaugh is a drunkard (liquidity) priest!

i don’t want to share this as i’m competing with you all but here it goes

put call parity is incredibly easy to remember as it is in alphabetical order

B ond + C all = P ut + S tock

this makes solving for synthetics very easy

CoX and PoSo work like a charm for me. Juvenile but effective.

I have a partial mnemonic - for corporate strategy

the visionary style, When you can predict what’s going to happen (predictable), and you are going to be the one to change it (malleable), and you are willing to put the time and money into it. So I picture Elon Musk who knows where the car industry is going, is going to change the industry via Tesla, and used up his time and a lot of money (allegedly almost went bankrupt) into it.

Haven’t really developed something as concrete for the others yet, am curious as to how others think of that topic.

Mundell Flemming

HEMRF High capital mobility, expansionary monetary policy, restrictive fiscal policy

LEMEF Low capital mobility, expansionary monetary policy, expansioanry fiscal policy

Not easy to remember.

You should mention that both are for a depreciating currency.

If there is low capital mobiliity, then the fiscal policy doesn’t matter because there is no foriegn flow of funds. That’s how I remember it personally, by understanding why it works :>

BreushPagan was a hetero that did tai(Chi) and turned White

Durbin Watson ate cereal with his Hansen

“Diddy Kong, no! Leave Cranky alone!”

FFO/AFFO

Earnings less

D ep

D ef tax

G ains/losses

=FFO

• N on-cash rent

• O perating ( L ease Exp, C ap Exp)

CAL - is like smoking blunts on the beach in Cali —it’s living life like there are no risks (adds a risk free asset to portfolio of possibilities)

CML - Capital Market Line - sounds more official so represents everyone if everyone voted the same (the CAL when investors have identical expectations about mean returns, variance, and correlations)