Share your motivation techniques ....

anc417 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The thought of giving up another 6 months of study > time that could be better spent with my wife and > kids…plus going 3/3 would be cool. I didn’t go 3/3. I hate you.

My motivation is I can’t go through another year of people asking me: How’s the studying going? Are you feeling confident? When is the exam again? How did the exam go? When are you gonna get your grades? Did you get your grades? How come you don’t have your grades yet, it’s a multiple choice exam?..

mtl_analyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My motivation is I can’t go through another year > of people asking me: How’s the studying going? Are > you feeling confident? When is the exam again? How > did the exam go? When are you gonna get your > grades? Did you get your grades? How come you > don’t have your grades yet, it’s a multiple choice > exam?.. + 1

Bankin’ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m with ws. I hate studying for these exams and > would love to complete them each on the first try > to reduce the amount of my life spent obtaining > the charter. > > When that’s not enough I drive by hobos and think > to myself that as a CFA Charterholder my odds of > becoming a hobo will become even lower than they > already are. I’m in this boat. The whole aversion of the negative as opposed to aspirations to the positive. I guess studying each night is much more tangible than a perceived job opportunity years in the future once you have your charter. Bit of both is probably where reality lies. Hobos are not only tangible but pungent too, so that probably multiplies the effect.

But American hobos are cool, are they not? Don’t they live a life of riding on the rails in open boxcars? Of travelling from small town to small town meeting new people and performing simple, honest manual jobs for food and board? Don’t they sit around campfires telling stories? British “hobos” (although we don’t use the word) are different…they stand outside shoppinc centres selling the Big Issue and pretending the one in their hand is their last copy. Or they lie in subways smelling of piss.