Share your motivation techniques ....

Does any one wants to share how they are staying otivated and plan to stay motivated for the next 3+ months ? I am semi motivated right now. I only become fully motivated 2-3 weeks before the exam. I am struggling to stay motivated and learn the entire syllabus.

I visualize loggin on to the CFAI website and seeing a Pass. Thats my biggest motivation.

Do my girl, then do some studying. Clearing my head before hitting the books works like a charm. Can’t even think of the horrible situation at work then so I can fully focus on the material. Apart from seeing a Pass as motivation I sometimes visualise a FAIL. That works even better.

I log on to AF and think, “Shit, if these idiots are going to pass, I sure am!”

I love you too Mandelbrot!

The Undertaker Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_XOVh-cDtk

When I was studying, my motivation was how much I hated to study…I have to pass so I don’t have to study the same material next year.

Mandelbrot Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I log on to AF and think, “Shit, if these idiots > are going to pass, I sure am!” I like Mandelbrot.

Presties…cheeze if i pass i have more time to check them out…

Wanting to go 3/3 helps a little bit.

Thinking about that feeling that I’ve had right after leaving the exam center for L2; walking in the summer breeze knowing that I gave it my all. /end cheese

I’m with ws. I hate studying for these exams and would love to complete them each on the first try to reduce the amount of my life spent obtaining the charter. When that’s not enough I drive by hobos and think to myself that as a CFA Charterholder my odds of becoming a hobo will become even lower than they already are.

being sick and tired of having only 3 months of the year as GUILT free time ( the day after the exam until marks come out , I can actually enjoy my time without feeling guilty that i should be studying" But even though the guilt isnt there, the worry and oanic on if I failed is there, so pretty much the last 3 years, I have been dealing with either Guilt/ Worry/Panic and i cant wait for that sunny summer day in August of 2009 when I see a pass on my computer and I proceed to book my first vacation in september without a feeling of guilt/worry/panic.

The thought of giving up another 6 months of study time that could be better spent with my wife and kids…plus going 3/3 would be cool.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

mpnoonan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Not in this economy.

^ more like $ in this economy…hey there’s always U/R insurance. And after that we can all go work for The Peoples’ Bank of the United States of America.

anc417 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The thought of giving up another 6 months of study > time that could be better spent with my wife and > kids…plus going 3/3 would be cool. you can’t say that… it’s an ethics violation. you aren’t cooler than anyone else or cool just because you can 3/3…

whystudy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > anc417 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > The thought of giving up another 6 months of > study > > time that could be better spent with my wife > and > > kids…plus going 3/3 would be cool. > > > you can’t say that… it’s an ethics violation. > > you aren’t cooler than anyone else or cool just > because you can 3/3… don’t see any violation here…nor do i see any claim of the poster saying he/she is cooler than anyone else.

Certainly not cooler than anyone else, just answering the question. Like everyone else here I’m trying to minimize the time it takes to get through the program and I’m lucky enough to have a shot at 3/3. If I can pull it off it means I can spend my free time in the next year with my 2 yr old and 2 month old instead of at the library. So don’t worry man, I’m not looking to put it on my resume, just get through this thing.