Shortcut for Level 3 pass

I had in total 2 weeks from start to finish. I ordered Schweser package with the 16 week on-line class. I watched the recorded video, did the practice questions and the 3-fold content sheet. I didn’t have time to even read the Schweser study notes. I skipped the ethics part since level 3 ethics is very similar to level 2. I bought secret sauce but didn’t have time to read it. I passed the test: very average AM score but awesome PM. So, you can still do it with very limited time :slight_smile:

If life were survivor, you’d have been voted off before your teenage years. As an aside to the point above, I don’t believe you - but good trolling!!

roxykitty Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I had in total 2 weeks from start to finish. I > ordered Schweser package with the 16 week on-line > class. I watched the recorded video, did the > practice questions and the 3-fold content sheet. > I didn’t have time to even read the Schweser study > notes. I skipped the ethics part since level 3 > ethics is very similar to level 2. I bought > secret sauce but didn’t have time to read it. I > passed the test: very average AM score but awesome > PM. So, you can still do it with very limited > time :slight_smile: Lets not waste people’s time with post like this. FAIL! It serves no purpose and no one cares. Just go and edit the post out.

if everyone will take this short cut, I am 99% confident that I will be well above the MPS and pass with flying colors

I think this kitty has been banging 7 gram rox…

Well, the MPS would likely stay the same but the passing rate would certainly plummet. As an aside, though, focused cramming (or at least peaking at the end) does have its place for many candidates, including me. I know I would not have passed if I had not put in the 50 hours I put in during the final week.

ATH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Well, the MPS would likely stay the same but the > passing rate would certainly plummet. > > As an aside, though, focused cramming (or at least > peaking at the end) does have its place for many > candidates, including me. I know I would not have > passed if I had not put in the 50 hours I put in > during the final week. ofcourse, to review the content. no way 2 weeks is sufficient time for all the material.

This post is like a slap in the face to all those who put in hard work and didn’t make it this year. There’s no need or a place for post like these.

lol. some douchebag posted one of these in the L2 forums a few weeks ago. “I just skimmed the schweser notes, and did the EOC for derivatives and passed.” sure ya did…

DFWAnalyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think this kitty has been banging 7 gram rox… Hahahaha nice.

… and that’s comging from a guy whose name is “whystudy”. +1

the only possibility could be that this OP has just finished a degree that covered all the material already, or that they work in the field (and is an absolute genius…) I know Level III is clearly MUCH more difficult than level I, but I had a similar experience in level I where I only had just over 3 weeks to study (from scratch)…I was halfway through the MFin program and so it was all covered in the courses I had taken over the year before. I really doubt that level III, or II, would be passable without ALOT of effort…Level II’s material was about 90% repeat for me, but even so I barely passed (and put in ALOT of studying)… if no prior preparation, then 2 weeks just seems ridiculous and made up.

I passed with 3 days of skimming just the outlines of the chapters, and clubbing till I passed out the night before the test. Went to exam still half drunk.

the poster forgot to mention that he had failed the previous 8 times before this

Best shortcut ever was that guy who hacked in to the CFAI database and his local society, added his name (and a few others), and the rest is history. Oh wait…not supposed to talk about that …

big ML Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > … and that’s comging from a guy whose name is > “whystudy”. > > +1 you have misinterpreted my name. whystudy - I ask myself every time I hit the books. I get focused on why I study and what for, so I don’t lose motivation; it has served me well as I recently passed level 3.

haha awesome. its amazing what a little red bull in the morning can do for you.

i must agree, ethics in level 3 is pretty much the same as level 2.

whystudy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > big ML Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > … and that’s comging from a guy whose name is > > “whystudy”. > > > > +1 > > you have misinterpreted my name. > > whystudy - I ask myself every time I hit the > books. I get focused on why I study and what for, > so I don’t lose motivation; it has served me well > as I recently passed level 3. Was just a joke.

just take the elevator to level 3, don’t take stairs…