Shorting Match.com

So I signed up for Match.com just for shits and giggles. Wow! No wonder there are so many single women. You make under $25,000, but want a guy that makes $75-100,000? You’re 400 lbs, but want an “Athletic and Toned” guy? Oh, and hunny…you’re not “Big and Beautiful” …you’re OBESE.

OBSESE is the worst.

But seriously, yes, I do agree with you. There’s a disparity between reality and self-perception, but from what I hear from talking to girls on dates off there it goes both ways, w/ weird @ss dudes trying to find hotties. Anyhoooo, the kicker for me is the fact that according to match.com every girl in existence enjoys running and traveling as interests. Huge gap between what people wish they were and who they actually are there.

was chatting with wifey n said for sh1t n giggles i wanted to make a profile on match.com -hates travelling and running, long walks on the beach -looking for shallow golddigger

I’ll always remember a quote from my co-worker “I was waiting for my date at a restaurant from match.com, a truck comes into the parking lot, and this whale climbs out, with an ass the length of this table (about 3 feet). Not even close to what her picture looked like”

CFAvsMBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So I signed up for Match.com just for shits and > giggles. Wow! No wonder there are so many single > women. > > You make under $25,000, but want a guy that makes > $75-100,000? You’re 400 lbs, but want an > “Athletic and Toned” guy? > > Oh, and hunny…you’re not “Big and Beautiful” > …you’re OBESE. ^ oh man…this is just pure gold. This thread has some potential to be the AF Post of the Year. *grabs popcorn*

ROFL. Numi’s betting on this being like those 14/15 pagers we had when L3 was making his profile.

Also! Since when did ‘curvy’ translate into fatass? When I think curvy, I think SI Swimsuit models. Curvy doesn’t mean lumpy, round, or barrel shaped.

This girl I’ve been seeing off Match and I were basically having this discussion making fun of profiles and we commented on two other trends we love: 1) Flipping through people’s pictures is often like watching them age in accelerated time. (start off young looking and progressively get older to present day) 2) She said her pet peeve is when people have pictures of their cars and I quote, “Oh, awesome! You’re a transformer!” Similarly girls will have pictures of their pets w/ no people in them, which I think could not be more dumb. They need to realize that unless it’s your pet, all dogs / cats/ hamsters / whatever look the same to everyone else and they could not care less. That’s a major red flag to me. Tells me they have a majorly lacking social life.

CFAvsMBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Also! > > Since when did ‘curvy’ translate into fatass? > When I think curvy, I think SI Swimsuit models. > Curvy doesn’t mean lumpy, round, or barrel shaped. Seems like many of these online dating profiles are all about painting lipstick on a pig.

CFAvsMBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Since when did ‘curvy’ translate into fatass? > When I think curvy, I think SI Swimsuit models. > Curvy doesn’t mean lumpy, round, or barrel shaped. I couldn’t agree more. Stop trying to come up with clever ways to say you’re fat.

Yea. Thing is it’s funny to witness them. My favorite is the: “I’m from NOWHERE, I just moved to NYC. I’m an aspiring ACTRESS/PAINTER/SINGER/MODEL.” There are some quality people on these sites though. It’s mostly people who: 1) Aren’t finding what they’re looking for elsewhere 2) Are busy professionals and don’t have time to socialize 3) Can’t find anyone anywhere to do anything with/to them Category 3 may suffer from: animal picture syndrome, myspace photo disease, a thesaurus for the word fugly, run-on novel biographies, illusions of grandeur.

Brothers, I think I’d rather have sex with a Thai lady boy than bang your average late 20 something American chick, the demographic that I am “supposedly” supposed to be courting here in my 28th year. There are lots of quality American chicks, but let me tell you, they are off the market by the time they are 25. They are not on Match.Com. Any time I go back to the US for a visit I get some female friend of mine inviting her “cute friend” to drinks with the expectation that I am supposed to be bowled over by her 27 percent body fat, boring job, and her desperate need of a guy to take care of her delicate, unique snowflake butt. By the way indulge my gloat a bit, as I write this, I have just come downstairs to fart (big meal) and check on my portfolio. Upstairs I have a 19 year blonde girl from swedan, who weighs about half as much as me, asleep in my bed. I met her at a bar last Thursday and haven’t stopped shagging her since. No, she’s not a hooker either. But if she were, at least she wouldn’t be an obese American chick. At least she wouln’t be on Match.com -Chicken Tikka Out!

+1

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- . Upstairs I have > a 19 year blonde girl from sudan, who weighs > about half as much as me, asleep in my bed.> > -Chicken Tikka Out! you found a 19 year old blonde girl from Sudan in Mumbai? What are the odds of this?

wake2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ChickenTikka Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > . Upstairs I have > > a 19 year blonde girl from sudan, who weighs > > about half as much as me, asleep in my bed.> > > -Chicken Tikka Out! > > > you found a 19 year old blonde girl from Sudan in > Mumbai? What are the odds of this? sudanese blond girls in mumbai are quite common…you just have to know where to look

CFAvsMBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So I signed up for Match.com just for shits and > giggles. Wow! No wonder there are so many single > women. > > You make under $25,000, but want a guy that makes > $75-100,000? You’re 400 lbs, but want an > “Athletic and Toned” guy? > > Oh, and hunny…you’re not “Big and Beautiful” > …you’re OBESE. wouldn’t this make you want to go LONG match.com? it’s not like they’re going to stop paying the monthly fee anytime soon…

CT, generally finding myself agreeing with you on this one.

> > Category 3 may suffer from: animal picture > syndrome, myspace photo disease, a thesaurus for > the word fugly, run-on novel biographies, > illusions of grandeur. Ed Zachary disease.