Should I be refreshing L1 concepts before starting L2???

Hey all, So I got the good news today, but barely passed (only had 4 areas >70). My question is, should I be keeping the topics fresh in my mind and be going through some old practice problems, concepts before starting to study L2? I feel like I’m losing some of the concepts and I know L2 builds on them? Any comments are greatly appreciated.

For FSA keeping refreshed will be helpful for the synthesis portion of it. Lifo/Fifo, accounting manipulation, effects on CF/BS/Income Statement. Don’t spend too much time at all but go back and revisit every month or so for an hour or so and you’ll be fine. Most everything is new material so focus most of your energy there.

I would enjoy passing before even thinking about L2. enjoy the fall, and come back in January. seriously, some of you folks need help. YOU PASSED!

I cosign if you pass one of these terror of a exams relax n recharge

I would suggest reading the 2009 Level II LOS and the deciding whether or not you need to refresh on your Level I material. https://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/resources/pdf/LII_Outlines_Combined.pdf

yes. Do practice problems every night for 6-7 hours minimum starting tonight. You want to be a winner right? Do ya?

jalmy8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yes. Do practice problems every night for 6-7 > hours minimum starting tonight. You want to be a > winner right? Do ya? HAHAHAHA!!! You must be one of those them there comedians! I’d love to continue this battle of wits but you’re obviously unarmed. Serious replies only please.

mpnoonan wrote: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ >I would suggest reading the 2009 Level II LOS and the deciding whether or not you >need to refresh on your Level I material. >https://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/resources/pdf/LII_Outlines_Combined.pdf ============================================================ Wow, these LOS appear more interesting than L1. Is preparing for L2 any less boring?

Canadianloco Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > jalmy8 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > yes. Do practice problems every night for 6-7 > > hours minimum starting tonight. You want to be > a > > winner right? Do ya? > > HAHAHAHA!!! You must be one of those them there > comedians! > > I’d love to continue this battle of wits but > you’re obviously unarmed. > > Serious replies only please. Well firstly, Jalmy happens to be one of our buddies and prominent posters, so you know, it bodes well for you and you’re time here learning from others not to be a jackass to him when he tries to lighten the mood. Secondly, he was being serious in that he gave you an honest answer wrapped in satire, assuming you could decode it, although I believe he failed to notice the first portion of your name. No offense Nvan. Thirdly, for those of us regulars who are hanging out here, waiting for results, you should try to be nice, because given that I will certainly fail along with possibly others, we could be great resources over the next year similar to those on the forum who repeated this year and helped us through the process. For my $.02, on the subject, refer to this thread: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,801304. CJones65, you are 100% correct, LII is much more difficult, but at the same time, I loved almost every minute of it. The material really starts to get interesting and it makes the heavy investment of time involved very bearable because if this is the field for you, you will most likely love the material you are expected to know.

Black Swan, I sure hope you guys are moving on to Level III THIS AUGUST!

“Secondly, he was being serious in that he gave you an honest answer wrapped in satire, assuming you could decode it” Woah…I think I’m blushing. hit me up on gchat, we’ll get drinks next week

Oh boy, this is a totally different group. I feel like I am back at school. I wish you all move to LIII… but you are more than welcome to reply to my posts.

For the lack of humor from the original poster. I retract my serious answer.

jalmy8 - If that was your attempt at humor and indeed not belittlement, than I DO really apologize and will take it in light next time. GMofDen - Original response was appreciated. BlackSwan - Apologies to you and all those waiting for results, failed to consider that you all are still in waiting. My bad guys. Wish you all the best on the 19th. Didn’t mean for my response to sound as it did. PS - Take it easy on the Canadians eh?