Should I do MBA again?

The link was doesn’t appear on my browser for a good part of today, I had to PM Sweep the Leg for him to fix it. Does it appear on your browser ?

PMing Sweep the Leg fixed the issue for me. I can see link now.

So let me see if I understand this correctly, you completed an MBA 10 years ago and never worked in Finance in any capacity (i.e. Financial Services, Commercial Banking, etc.), but you’ve “always wanted to become a Research Analyst?”

How do you know you want to be Research Analyst?

For someone who’s “always wanted” to be a Research Analyst, you haven’t done much research.

How will another MBA help you get into “Finance” (what a nebulous term) if the first MBA didn’t? (It sounds like you are self-conscious about the school you got your MBA from. A top MBA with no experience won’t do the trick -FYI)

I’d be worried about taking on student debt without a reasonable ROI. If two MBAs (what’s the point?) doesn’t increase your income or get your foot in the door on a career you want, you’re only restricting your financial flexibility. It will give you less options on your personal balance sheet and potentially restrict you for 10 years (presumably your most productive years).

Why not actually do research and invest the money you would’ve borrowed for student loans in stocks, real estate, etc.? That way you’ll determine whether or not you actually like doing research and, if so, you can directly benefit from your efforts.

You’re risking a lot without being specific about your goals aka expected return.

I always wanted to be a fighter pilot. They told me my chances of making it to Top Gun are one-in-a-million.

So what that means is, I’ve still got a chance.

#DangerZone

Image result for top gun gif

No chance in hell.

Seriously think about retraining and becoming a plumber. There are not enough female plumbers around… and they make a ton of money!!!

Ur 10yrs too late to get a job in finance… and especially some crappy research role… when research is a dead industry anyway.

What jobs did you do in those 10 years?

hows research a dead industry

Yeah for sure. You can go ahead if you have will to study more.

No good program will admit you for an MBA if already you have an MBA so this whole thread is moronic.

You don’t need an MBA. You need to reconsider the path you’re on. Try jobs in finance that aren’t on wallstreet. Go back to career services at your alma mater and asks for help and guideance. They’ll help you refresh your resume and identify a path to be a research analyst. Work harder and complete your CFA… Im not hiring but I know lots if RIA firms that need research analysts. School pedigree is irrelevant if you have grit.

if you are really serious about your academic goals and career change…then an anonymous forum like Analyst Forum may not be the best place for advice…

Ever thought about actually visiting one of your local MBA schools to talk to one of the admission folks or even posting on gmatclub.com?

now research analyst has many different levels…you still have a shot at becoming one at the lower end of the research role…

Research Roles at,

Hedge funds/VC Funds

Real Estate PE Funds

then you have the bottom tier, at RIA that cater to retail investors (the bread and butter of CFA and 90% of the Level 3 material).

Learn some programming. There seems to be a need for financial analysts who know basic programming (not PHD quant stuff). I suspect Python skills will be required in a couple decades like Excel is today. Even the BB’s are starting to train their first years in Python. I’ve been learning the language via a Udemy class