Should I start L2 now?

hey maddane, all that talk of failure is making me depressed - think i’ll go get myself a coctail of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine - like Heath! if you keep thinking like that you’ll never pass anything!

maddane Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Well, I think I procrastinated too long now. So > will just undertake the Chartered Accountants unit > I am going to do, as at least that way I am > diversifying and can get an accounting role if i > cant find anything in banking and finance. … I don’t know… but when I hear your priorities, they seem to be first banking/finance and only in place no 2 - accounting. On the other hand, accounting is a job that sort of requires you to know the local language – how are you otherwise to decipher the various Accounting Acts? Maybe I would have chosen differently had I been in your place, i.e. go for the CFA charter first. After all, you hear people in the business say “Oh! CFA, is it” clearly quite impressed. It all depends on your priorities, of course. I seem to recall your mentioning ‘equity analyst’ as one of your priorities. The other thing is… to become a chartered accountant, do you have this (below)? Chances are you’re going to end up in this country sooner or later… as your girlfriend is Swedish that is… (and her relatives also I assume, I bet $0.02 that you’re moving to Sweden within 5 years for all sorts of reasons). Btw, you can have your degree translated through services offered by http://www.hsv.se/. The requirements for becoming a chartered accountant also seem rather massive… Just look here (I know you know the lingo): “Vad krävs för att bli godkänd resp. auktoriserad revisor? För godkännande krävs: 120 poäng akademisk utbildning (ekonomie kandidatexamen), 3 års kvalificerad praktik och revisorsexamen hos Revisorsnämnden. För auktorisation krävs: 160 poäng akademisk utbildning (ekonomie magisterexamen eller en utvidgad ekonomie kandidatexamen), fem års kvalificerad praktik och högre revisorsexamen hos revisorsnämnden. Mer information finns på FAR SRS.” http://www.farsrs.se/