Should I try Retabulation

I am thinking of having my exam retabulated. Is it worth it? Below are my results. The answers I guessed on I scored 50-70, I don’t see how I scored belowed 50 on 3, 9, 10. I am hoping they missed something. Essay Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Portfolio Management - Individual 26 - * - 2 Portfolio Management - Individual 9 * - - 3 Portfolio Management - Institutional 24 * - - 4 Portfolio Management - Institutional 11 - - * 5 Economics 19 - * - 6 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 10 - - * 7 Equity Investments 17 - - * 8 Alternative Investments 15 - * - 9 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 16 * - - 10 Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 15 * - - 11 Portfolio Management – Performance Eval. 18 - * - Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Derivatives 18 - * - - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Investments 36 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - - * - Portfolio Management 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - - * We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 8

Can I be frank…no. You were band 8. Which means there were at least 2000+ people with a higher score than you. I was band 10 and maybe 2 or 3 questions away from passing, and am not going to retab. Just accept it and move on…

i’m inclined to say too far away too… but you did do badly on alot of more qualitative stuff, so maybe another pair of eyes would help… but like the previous poster said, too far away.

As you can see in this thread, the exam grading process is pretty thorough. Pretty unlikely they missed something, and even if they did, it is likely to be something minor and therefore unlikely to get you from Band 8 to a Pass. Just do what I’m doing…use it as motivation to crush it next year. http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,996488