sick and at work! Started sunday Night. Huzzah!

Calling in sick isn’t about you but for the rest of us. I’m not impressed when an analyst comes in sick and have told a few over the years to get the hell out of here and go home. If your title in your job description doesn’t say President of the United States of America then just stay home…you’re not that important.

What are you doing that things would fall apart if you took a few days off? Everyone gets sick enough to have to stay home sometimes.

How do you manage vacation time? You probably ask a buddy to cover for you, right? Well, call that same buddy up and ask him/her to cover for you and sorry for the short notice. Or don’t and just get more done when you’re well. Whatever.

I’m really surprised this thread has even made it this far. No one in the financial services industry does anything important enough that their firm would be hurt if they didn’t show up for a few days.

Anyone whose company would collapse if they don’t show up and work will not have much time to post on AF, that’s for sure.

i aint that sick. just a sore throat and brown phlegm. like sumone up top said, unless im vomiting, shitting, coughing, sneezing like crazy. im doing my thing. i am contagious, but i keep to myself.

yall gotta relax. the post was about not being sick on the weekend. which is my personal time. rather be sick on company time. also that my boss is sick so less workload. not never taking a sick day.

/thread

dirty bop, that was the joint back in the day

I don’t skip work if I get a cold, I just lock myself in room at home until i’m better.

I have a formal hand over when I take vacation time >1 week. Anything shorter just means someone is watching my work and piling up to-dos for when I come back.

God fucking dammit. This thread got me sick.

Felt it coming on yesterday, pounded some vitamin C, zinc etc. Felt good enough to go into the office today. Lunch time hits and nope. The struggle is real. Tomorrow ill be working from home in my boxers

If you feel yourself getting sick you’re most likely screwed anyway, however you can try drinking a pint of vodka. It’s the opposite approach to using zinc or Vit C. In other words, instead of boosting your immune system, drink at least a pint of vodka (more may be needed based on tolerance and whatnot) and kill everything in your system.

Think of it as “the best defense is a good offense” type of strategy. Instead of fortifying your defenses, you carpet bomb the battlefield. Yes, you kill the good guys too but it works pretty well.

Is this a real thing? How much vodka are we talking here? Do i need to be seriously drunk to the point where I may puke in the morning. Cause I dont see how that is much of an improvement.

The hills at 5 the hills at 5

isn’t that where you take a bunch of downers and see if you can beat the thing before you fall asleep? there’s some term for that I know I’ve heard it before. haha I know what you mean but I had to read it twice.

^^^ best part is you always win

It’s a slippery slope. You need to be drunk enough you’re killing a lot of crap in your system and getting drunker only helps. Still, a bad hangover for a day is better than a two week cold and a sinus infection.

Fair enough, I shall give that a try. On a side note my cold made me zone out and I burned my bacon this morning. I am not pleased.

No! Don’t kill yourself. He is messing with you. Just have some tea with a drop of congnac in it and sleep for 12 hours straight. Works like a charm.

That sounds amazing

I swear on the Feedback Forum, I’m completely serious. The trick is catching it early though. If you’re already sick, nothing will help cure it. Just google “alcohol to prevent colds” and you’ll get a lot of info about using it in moderation. I feel like that’s something they have to say. Binge drink, kill everything virus in your system (good and bad) and you have a fighting chance.

There’s a better than average chance you’ll wake up with a hangover and a cold though. So, you know, watch out for that.

double

I really highly doubt it would kill me since I do regularly consume massive quantities of alcohol. Next time I feel a cold coming on I will just pound some vodka. As far as already being sick, a splash of cognac in some warm tea sounds fantastic before bed