Sick of this job market

I have to vent. I came to America full of hope to achieve career advancement and to make a good living. But the poor job market is taking the optimism out of me. I know the financial job market will pick up again and the good times will continue to roll, but in the mean time, the current situation is depressing and demotivating. Any advice would be welcome.

Same here. I am seriously considering going back home, or at least closer (though Europe is a lot more conservative when it comes to foreigners - even from within EU member countries).

Sondeep Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have to vent. I came to America full of hope to > achieve career advancement and to make a good > living. But the poor job market is taking the > optimism out of me. I know the financial job > market will pick up again and the good times will > continue to roll, but in the mean time, the > current situation is depressing and demotivating. > Any advice would be welcome. Consider Australia. It is much easier to get a job than US/Europe if you have the skills. Your American experience may count, compared to migrants from Asia or Africa.

map1, if your home is ro, don’t even think about it. not only the market is crappy, but also the cfa has little value. i wonder which countries are still decent from this point of view. joe, for eu citizens i believe you need a work permit to apply to australia (or any other country outside eu). i haven’t researched how easy is to get something like that.

Thanks olfy. Yes, ro it is. I know it is terrible, and judging by the news, is going to be even worse, but at least there I don’t have to pay rent. olfy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > map1, if your home is ro, don’t even think about > it. not only the market is crappy, but also the > cfa has little value. i wonder which countries are > still decent from this point of view.

olfy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > map1, if your home is ro, don’t even think about > it. not only the market is crappy, but also the > cfa has little value. i wonder which countries are > still decent from this point of view. > joe, for eu citizens i believe you need a work > permit to apply to australia (or any other country > outside eu). i haven’t researched how easy is to > get something like that. I am not Australian but currently work and live here. The immigration process is far much better compared to US and Britain. As with any country, you surely do need a workpermit, but having a look at www.immi.gov.au it is a straightforward process. Australia is a very young country and as things stand now they will depend on migrant labour probably upto 2050.

map1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks olfy. Yes, ro it is. I know it is terrible, > and judging by the news, is going to be even > worse, but at least there I don’t have to pay > rent. > > olfy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > map1, if your home is ro, don’t even think > about > > it. not only the market is crappy, but also the > > cfa has little value. i wonder which countries > are > > still decent from this point of view. Is Ro Romania?

yes it is

I once dated a very hot babe from Iasi:)

well thanks joe for the info, i’ll try to hit the CFA jobline for some positions. as a sidenote, iasi has tons of hot chicks. good for you !

olfy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > well thanks joe for the info, i’ll try to hit the > CFA jobline for some positions. > > as a sidenote, iasi has tons of hot chicks. good > for you ! try efinancial careers or www.seek.com.au Agreed on Iasi.