Sign on bonus

He’s right I profit. You’ll be expected to pay back all of it and get the rest back at tax season. At least I’d expect that to occur since you’ll be leaving not on the best terms if you go so soon https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/can-someone-explain-this-to-mepay-back-signing-bonus

This.

I doubt they would be willing to negotiate as it bluntly shows that you are considering leaving before completing one year and you want to make sure you get that free money. If your plan is to quit within a couple of months, just don’t spend it. If you find yourself already 9 months in and then decide you want to quit, finish your 12 months so you don’t have to worry about paying it back.

Don’t fall into the mental accounting trap, you’re living your life fine (I’m assuming) without that $7,500. Just because it is a bonus and not regular income doesn’t mean you have to spend it within a year.

Do you actually want to do this job? Why did you want this job in the first place? One year is nothing then.

Last signing bonus I got had a two year requirement or I had to pay it back. I left after 26 months.

I would try to negotiate a proportional vesting period as time goes by i.e 6 months = 6/12 of the bonus vested so you’ll only owe half etc

having a conditional liability like that would be burdensome so maybe they could meet you half way

No I do not want this job really. Just took it be employed and not have too much of a gap in employment. Still looking actively for something better.

Hmmm, the lawyer backed by a guy struggling to come up with $10k or the one backed by a company. Decisions, decisions. But yes, you will wind up paying back the full amount $10k.

What cracks me up is we’ve all sat here with a front row seat as you imploded your own career with rookie hubris and now you are scraping up the bottom of the Florida barrel for some desperation job in a strong hiring market and worrying about $10k, still making flippant statements bumbling your way to the bottom.

^He ain’t wrong. . .

This is a good summary of the US generally.

It’s all relative, we aren’t savages like the Brits, you can’t just conduct a demolition on your work place over $600 like its the Liverpool Travelodge.

^ We can’t possibly be held responsible for the Scousers

In hindsight, my comment read more severe than I intended. Just an observation that a lot of Americans are very willing to hand over all the leverage to employers or service providers in the name of free market capitalism.

Mahomes is fishin while my team is playin for the ‘ship.

what cracks me up even more is that my boss used to support the derivatives trading desks in London, NYC, and Chicago of two of the biggest BB banks in the world over the past 20 years and is going to put me in touch with some of the traders he knows for job opportunities.

meanwhile you continue to talk out of your a** yet again by assuming you know everything about my career prospects. Please insert foot in mouth.

Wow, your boss used to “support” big derivatives desks in the big city? Tell me more! Don’t worry, you don’t sound clueless at all and you definitely aren’t adding to the entertainment. This is great, Grade A stuff!

Anyhow, I nailed it the first time and this was your best attempt. We all (you inclusive) know I’m right unless you’re even dumber than you sound.

Interesting spurious correlation, you can track your career outlook using XRP as a proxy. Black Swan presents, a story in pictures:

No photo description available.

how many times are you going to use the same pathetic insult to draw a parallel between XRP and my career outlook? Seriously can’t you come up with anything better? Besides showing how much of a life you don’t have by creating something like this, at the very least can you not give others on here piss poor advice like you did in the other thread I just had to reply to?

It took 3 minutes and it’s funny 'cause its true! Best part is you literally had no rebuttal!

Ha ha ha ha ha I have no idea how Black Swan has time for duplicate accounts and posts like that, but they definitely add to the culture

Oh hey BS, remember me? Just thought I take a moment to troll you and anyone else that was a crypto hater in this thread early 2019/late 2018. Man, everything really has went to zero huh? I mean BTC at one point being like what 60 plus thousand a coin, XRP pretty recently 6X over the last 2 years.

Must suck to still be commuting to your desk job everyday huh :wink:

your sarcasm didn’t age well. Sucks being wrong huh? LOL