Silly question - Is the CFA exam on computer or paper?

thanks

lol

Not taken yet but guess paper. Q for L2 guys - Is the spare paper w/ answer sheets enough for solving problems?

computer…open book and open note!

and still 40%… lol :slight_smile:

Dont laugh at me. as I took series 7 on computer!

houston_08 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > computer…open book and open note! Thank you for your kind response!!

wshi68, I took Level 1 in June 2008. It is on paper, multiple choice fill-in-the-bubble. You can write on the exam booklet, but only the bubble sheet counts. I found the bubbles to be very small, there is lot of risk for stray marks, lol.

wshi68 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > houston_08 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > computer…open book and open note! > > > Thank you for your kind response!! What houston_08 said is a false statement. Guys, everyone had to start somewhere…let’s only give misinformation to joke if it’s obvious and/or with “awesome veteran posters.”

cfajerseycity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Not taken yet but guess paper. > > Q for L2 guys - Is the spare paper w/ answer > sheets enough for solving problems? I’ll be kind to both of you, most members of the board love to just harp on these questions though. If something can be answered by using search or by simply logging onto CFAI please don’t bother to post the question. The exam is on paper, you are not allowed scratch paper. Do not write anything on your exam ticket during the exam. The booklet they give you is enough scratch paper, however I only found myself needing to write something only a handful of times.

CAFicionado Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > wshi68, > > I took Level 1 in June 2008. > > It is on paper, multiple choice > fill-in-the-bubble. > You can write on the exam booklet, but only the > bubble sheet counts. > > I found the bubbles to be very small, there is lot > of risk for stray marks, lol. Thanks Man! I know this question sounds silly, but it is not surprised for me to ask. as I took series 7 on computer for 7 hours. thats kinda different prep strategy compare to paper. again thanks

Yes and the bubbles aren’t really bubbles. They are actually little rectangles.

wshi68, I’ve had many stupid questions before as well.

Thanks KJH. Point noted - about search.

But yeah, search function is very important.

CAFicionado Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > wshi68 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > houston_08 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > computer…open book and open note! > > > > > > Thank you for your kind response!! > > What houston_08 said is a false statement. > > Guys, everyone had to start somewhere…let’s only > give misinformation to joke if it’s obvious and/or > with “awesome veteran posters.” Yes I know he gave me false statement, I just answered him with huge “repsect”!!!

It’s verbal.

It’s on stone tablet and charcoal, and they’re only offering it in the town of Bedrock in December.