SIMPLE excel help please....

Can someone help me please. I am trying to change a formula in excel, pretty simple but I get the message “Cannot change part of an array”. What needs to be done to change an array? Heres some more info: Basically, the 2006 column, the formulas in those cells are using cell “x”, but when I try to individually change the cells so they can pick up cell “y”, I get the message that I cannot change all or part of an array. Any help if possible without actually seeing what im doing, such as disabing a funciton of some sort, etc, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you x y 2007 2006 a 1 b 2 c 3 d 4

From my understanding, I dont think you can change part of an array. You might probably have to break it up

Select one cell within your array, hit F2 and edit your formula. When complete, hit simultaneously.

Sometimes you get this error if you accidentally highlight more than one cell and type in a formula. The formula then saves to all the cells that you highlighted and you get your error if you try to change a cell by itself. Go to “Insert > Name > Define” and you’ll see a list of all of your arrays. If the cells with your formula are listed as an array, delete it and that should fix the problem. If that doesn’t work, just delete all of the cells and re-enter them…

Anonymous Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Select one cell within your array, hit F2 and edit > your formula. When complete, hit simultaneously. Anonymous, you just made my morning a whole lot easier. I owe you a beer. You work in Toronto>?