Site upgrade suggestions

I thought of posting this exact suggestion, but then decided against it because it has the potential to be misused.

Hence the suggestion of using something similar to WSO’s monkey sh*t system. If the user accumulates a very high number of negative votes, then he himself is liable to be warned/banned. But if it is used for deleting individual posts, the number of negative votes would need to be very high to prevent misuse.

I’m not a fan of being able to “vote” on the quality of posts, etc. This can be abused plus there are major cultural differences as there are a lot of international posters on this forum. I am a fan of an “ignore button” as you can put certain people on a list and you will never see their posts or threads.

^ I think Blake needs to be promoted to boardmember.

I’m not a fan of a like button either. I could careless whether a poster likes or dislikes the content of another poster’s post. I can judge for myself if it’s worth reading.

The irony of Blake wanting an ignore option…

Obscenity will not be tolerated here on AF. Burn 'em all!

I was going to say the exact same thing

On another note, I agree with those asking for the PM system to be reimplemented. It’s the one thing that has been bugging me since I joined AF - PM option was out by the time I joined. It’s got to be there for networking, which involves revealing your identity. I’d rather not post my email ID in a forum. So yeah, it would be great if bringing back the PM system could be considered.

Are we talking about Facebook here :slight_smile:

Btw, not only the “new” button ain’t working properly, the “new” and “updated” logos in green color are going full retard. They keep appearing without any new posts in the thread. Please check.

I think if someone edits their message, the updated tag gets set, but unless you know what post got edited, you cant tell the difference. It is a wee bit annoying to look for an update and not finding one.

Yeah that I know. But it happens with the “new” tag as well. In fact, just about 5 minutes ago, I got ALL the threads in the water cooler section as either updated or new. Might have been a one off thing though, I dunno. I’m waiting to see if it has happened to others as well.

^

yup happens with me too.I just ignore it.it’s a slowish moving forum so everything’s ok.