Sitting for level 2 after 12 years of passing Level 1

Hi everyone,

I sat for level 1 in June 2010, yes you heard that right. Didn’t study for level 2 and have been regretting it ever since.

I am thinking to sit for level 2 in 2023 however I am rusty and not sure if I have to study Level 1 again.

Any advice?

Thanks
Nic

I think the answer depends on what you’ve been doing professionally since then. Which industry have you been working in for the last 12 years?

Ive been working as an FP&A in the pharma and consumer goods industry at multinational companies, so basically corporate finance. But I want to continue the CFA as I’ve always wanted to have it and it will definitely push my career as I don’t want to study an accounting certification such as CPA/CA…

With that background, I think you will be fine going right into Level II since it is heavy on valuation. You can always brush up on some of the Level I topics you run across.

Thanks Chad for the quick feedback! One thing: back in 2010, schweser was the go to prep material. Is it still the case?

Make a mix and match between Schwesers and the CFAI - That’s what I did although I was mostly into the CFAI curriculum books and at Level III it was 100% CFAI Curriculum.

There are quite a few quality providers e.g. Nathan Ronen, Arif Irfanullah and our own Bill Campbell. Of what I know all of them are legend and in the same league

So you studied entirely alone?

Yes

Make sure you know how to use all the functionality of your chosen calculator!! :+1: :nerd_face:

Best of luck, Nic! I admire your determination.

We are in same boat. You are not alone. I cleared L1 in 2014 and now writing L2 in Nov. 23
I did a quick run through with MM L1 videos (2018 stuff). Try using his videos, they are free and available on YT channel or his website.

1 Like