Situation, need advice.

I had an hour long phone interview yesterday with the hiring manager. Later in the evening he emailed me ‘if you have any questions related to the position, feel free to ask’ and also ‘good luck with your job search’. I did ask him a few questions during the interview which he answered, what shall i ask him now? I really want this job. How long does it normally take to hear from them regd interview?

Unless you have something critical to ask, don’t reply with any questions. Perhaps you should just tell him that it was your pleasure to meet with him, and that you hope to hear from him soon regarding updates. A lot of the time, people sign off their e-mails with “Let me know if you have any questions” or “Let me know if I can help with anything else,” but there is seldom a situation where people really want to answer your questions or help you anymore than they need. They probably have a million other things to do after work.

> ‘good luck with your job search’. Doesn’t sound too good, but just wait as long as you have to wait.

^^ thanks Numi, I will just wait to hear back. Muddahuda you are right, that line sounds bad…but am keeping my fingers crossed. I really want this job.

gauri Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I had an hour long phone interview yesterday with > the hiring manager. Later in the evening he > emailed me ‘if you have any questions related to > the position, feel free to ask’ and also > ‘good luck with your job search’. are you kidding??? the door’s open pal - ask when can you start

Yeah, don’t bug him if you don’t have any questions, but shoot him a thank you email at least. Always write a thank you note. It amazes me when people don’t do this.

heard from them, in for the second round.

Muddahudda Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > ‘good luck with your job search’. > > Doesn’t sound too good, but just wait as long as > you have to wait. One time, my friend was telling me that he sat next to some old dude on the bus (probably 80 years old or so), and they were just small-talking about this and that. It was quite a pleasant conversation, in fact. However, when my friend had to leave, he didn’t really know what the best way to say, so he told the guy, “OK…good luck with the rest of your life!” Awkward much?

nice - congrats! typically when they ask you if you have any questions its a good sign. if they don’t reach out to you at all that’s bad. always be positive and assertive when possible. sometimes people are chosen because they show more interest.