Skiing this weekend in Stowe

With my wife who threw her skis off a cliff and made me go get them. Sigh…

I would throw my skis off a cliff if I was forced to ski in the northeast again as well…

joey, i didnt know you hit the slopes. i cant ski for jack, but imagine a distinguished gentleman like yourself is a double black diamond demon

I went to Okemo in VT this past weekend - was pretty fun. Headed to a crappier place in PA this weekend for a race.

My last trip was to the midwest to Snowbird, Vail, and Aspen a few years ago. I’m so sick of the cold, tiredness, and sleep deprivation that accompanies snowboarding that I haven’t gone since and don’t plan on going for at least 10 years.

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My last trip was to the midwest to Snowbird, Vail, > and Aspen a few years ago. > > I’m so sick of the cold, tiredness, and sleep > deprivation that accompanies snowboarding that I > haven’t gone since and don’t plan on going for at > least 10 years. I’m looking to make a comeback in my snowboard career. Hopefully will win the gold medal in boardercross someday!

I just remember that trip, and a few other trips to less world class level places that year, to be filled with PAIN, COLD, EXHAUSTION, and BOREDOM.

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > joey, i didnt know you hit the slopes. i cant ski > for jack, but imagine a distinguished gentleman > like yourself is a double black diamond demon Middlebury College alum. We all ski (also spent time growing up in Londonderry, VT). And FWIW, I don’t ski the Goat like I used to.

HA! The Goat…I remember that trail

Stowe should be really nice right now…they have gotten a ton of snow…plus you got a storm on the way tonight

I have only positive memories of skiing in the west. The best time I ever had skiing in the east was at the bars after skiing (or I should say scraping) down those ice mountains.

was the pass to smugs open?

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Middlebury College alum. We all ski (also spent > time growing up in Londonderry, VT). And FWIW, I > don’t ski the Goat like I used to. Joey - Would you mind emailing me? My brother goes there now and would maybe have some questions if you don’t mind. Any help would be appreciated. Addy: LPoulin133@gmail.com

I never liked skiing very much… my memories of skiing and other winter sports consisted of my father breaking his hip while ice skating, me falling backwards and pole-ing my aunt while doing cross country, and falling while downhill skiing on ice in Vermont. I’ve decided I don’t like sports that involve frictionless surfaces (save Air Hockey, if you can call that a sport). However, things were a little better out west when my GF dragged me to Vail. It was noticeably better, but I think my fears were too deep-set to enjoy it to the fullest.

skiing! haa…ITS 70 DEGREES OUTSIDE HERE TODAY!!

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > skiing! haa…ITS 70 DEGREES OUTSIDE HERE TODAY!! where are you - california? - I used to go to snow summit out there. We had days were it was 70 in the city and 45 or so on the mountain, sunny day, great for the park - lots of fun.

a little better?? The bubble over the quad makes vail a little better. Hucking lovers leap into a hill of powder… there is nothing better than that

going up to killington this weekend, anyone been there yet this season?

farney Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > going up to killington this weekend, anyone been > there yet this season? Yup, went during MLK weekend. It was surprisingly empty. All the lifts were open. At that point they didn’t have that much snow, but the conditions were still pretty good. I’d imagine the snow should be better by now.

philip.platt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SkipE99 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > skiing! haa…ITS 70 DEGREES OUTSIDE HERE > TODAY!! > > > where are you - california? > > - I used to go to snow summit out there. We had > days were it was 70 in the city and 45 or so on > the mountain, sunny day, great for the park - lots > of fun. na im in san antonio. no skiing anywhere around these parts, but we have excellent tacos