Skipping readings to catch up?

I’m writing L1 in Dec, and am starting to fall behind on my readings. So far I’ve read Quant, FRA, FI, and Alts, and the first reading in Equity. Ideally I should have equity done already and be halfway through Econ. I want to allow a full 6 weeks of review and mocks, so am aiming for a mid October finish, and ideally I’d like to completely read FRA again as I was really poor at it. I’ve been in the industry for a while, so quite a few of the concepts aren’t that new to me. To try and catch up, I’ve been jumping straight ahead to the CFAI EOC questions on some of the more conceptual readings and just doing the questions and then moving on if my score was good. e.g. for the first and last FI readings, and all of Alts, I did the EOC questions and scored around 80-90% on them, so just skipped the actual reading. Is this going to screw me up in the long run, or are the EOC questions a good barometer of how much I actually know? Are they fairly comparable to what might come up on the exam? Of course I’d prefer to read everything, but am running out of time already.

Top of this pages says 88 days to exam, you already covered roughly half the curriculum so why isnt 88 days enough time for the other half?

Because that’s 88 days until the exam. Mid october is about 40 days away. I need 6 weeks for mocks and review.

Realistically for L1 you shouldn’t need a month and a half for mocks/review. Don’t go skipping stuff. Read faster and leave 2 weeks for mocks and review.

Schweser should be more than enough to help you cross the finish line in a short amount of time – and if that doesn’t work, then you can try their brand new “Junior Investment Analyst” program.

Sincerely,

#MrMoneyBags

IF there is a section to skip & just do the problems it would be econ. It is a huge chunk of the L1 material however it is only 10% of the exam. I passed easily with a <50 in econ while burning a chunk of time on it. Do the problems some of the stuff youll know but as long as you can manage to learn 40-50% of the material you will be fine there.

That said depending on your work schedule 88 days is plenty I would suggest possibly trying to get your hands on schweser notes to speed things up if you feel you are dragging

L1 is not too bad. study 4 hours a day and you’re putting in 320 hours until exam day. 5am is the best time to start your day.