Skipping SS 17 totally

and crossing my fingers. I just dont have time to go over that crap.

flip through the emerging markets stuff real quick ( integration , liberalisation etc ) …I wdnt bother with the BRIC’s .

yeah I was gonna ask that …if any topic with high benefit/cost ratio… I will look at emerging stuff I can put maximum 2 hours on it!

also just look at the currency problem esp the correlation, currency risk not being additive. it is not as tough and it will definitely appear . atleast remember the formula std dev total = variance local mkt + variance exchange rate risk + 2 std dev local mkt*exchange rate* correlation bet the two. this formula has been tested a lot…

krishna1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > also just look at the currency problem esp the > correlation, currency risk not being additive. it > is not as tough and it will definitely appear . > atleast remember the formula > > std dev total = variance local mkt + variance > exchange rate risk + 2 std dev local mkt*exchange > rate* correlation bet the two. > > this formula has been tested a lot… i agree --the formula is really easy and is HIGHLY testable. you will see something from this on the exam. also, know liberalization vs integration (<30 minutes of work) and you should grab at least a few of the points.

I have spent the last 2 hours avoiding SS17. It’s next on my list of review. Supposed to cover it today. Stalla questions and making final notes. Secret sauce says it’s increasngly likley to come up and allocates a 5% weight. I’d at least practise the calcs (Fairly intuative) and know emerging markets.

ok thanks guys