Sloppy Handwriting

My handwriting is way too sloppy. In fact, even I can’t read it sometimes after a while. How should I fix this for the exam?

roll with it… i am the same way… at least we don’t have to write too much

I’m working through the practice exams, and the Schweser answers to the essays are quite brief. Is this representative of the real exam?

i am brining my pocket typewriter

that would be awesome if we could somehow type out the test…

The CFAI released an FAQ/Tips about the exam which stated: “Handwriting is rarely so poor that the answer cannot be graded”

That’s very helpful. At least I don’t need to slow down to make my handwriting neater and can concentrate instead on answering the silly questions.

“Handwriting is rarely so poor that the answer cannot be graded”… but it CAN be so poor that you won’t get what you deserve. I used to grade exams, and you can only try to a point, after that, you move on. My advice: It doesn’t have to be neat, but make sure it’s readable.

i would go at your normal speed and then if you have time go back over the written portion and try to correct poorly written words as much as possible. i have the same problem as you gents.

I think we all have sloppy handwriting…but my typing is AMAZINGLY neat.

caveat: if you don’t know an answer you might want to “slopify” it…

i hated writing since elementary school

I get compliments on my handwriting. Do I get bonus points?

The only way I can write with speed and legibility is to print. The graders must have thought “how did a 5th grader get to take this exam?”

I am going to write in bubble letters, ya know, put the grader in a good mood, who can fail bubble letters.

Only Texas Instruments pocket typewriters are permitted. :slight_smile:

Use bullet points, print - don’t use script.

You can interpret it in two ways. Either (A) hand writing has not been so bad, statistically that an answer sheet is unreadable and that your handwriting will take the cake and be the “rare” type or (B) CFAI graders are really good at looking at sloppy HW and making sense out of it.

Super I Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Use bullet points, print - don’t use script. we have a winner

jamespucyk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You can interpret it in two ways. Either (A) hand > writing has not been so bad, statistically that an > answer sheet is unreadable and that your > handwriting will take the cake and be the “rare” > type or (B) CFAI graders are really good at > looking at sloppy HW and making sense out of it. Graders literally hand around bad hand-writing and get someone to try to read it. Someone always comes up with it.