Snyder's finally giving in....

I’ve often wondered about this. Outside of baseball lingo, I have never heard the term “Yankee” unless it was being used as a slur.

You do realize that the word “redskin” likely doesn’t apply to skin color, but to the red paint applied to the skin by some indian tribes, don’t you? And that the term “redskin” was used originally by those indian tribes to distinguish themselves from Europeans (“white skin”) and Africans (“black skin”)?

There was a piece on BBG about this a week or so ago. Boiled down to the the main beneficiaries of the tax-free status is the teams themselves, not the league. Somehting akin to the league fees are now tax deductable because the League is a non-profit. (Something like that… I’m not a tax guy).

But basically they ran numbers and said the owners have a lot more to lose than the league.

The term “Indians” is considered racist. They were originally called this because Columbus believed that he had reached India. By calling them “Indians”, you’re implying that all non-whites look alike. Way to go…racist.

Candidate for post of the day.

Black Faces don’t refer to skin color either…but to masks worn by white actors… :smiley:

Respect. All of these would be equivalent to the NY N!ggers.

Anyone see that South Park. As always, they keep it real.

I just got a Blackhawks jersey in the post last week; #9: Bobby Hull.

Spoils of war.

^ Respect. Love my Hawks!

Would it be insensitive for the Packers to sell fudge at their stadium?

I’m a Kings fan, by the way.

(Although I assume that you deduced that already.)

Greenie, as a Cowboys fan, I think you’d find it hilarious if your #1 enemy had to change its name.

They should just go to Washington Warriors, and they can keep the logo. I think that’s what Miami of Ohio (a college) did, a switch from Redskins to Warriors. St. John’s switched from Redmen to Red Storm a few years back too.

Except for the Packers who are also non-profit.

Snyder is refusing because changing the name would bring his BSD status into question. --> How can he be a BSD if someone else forced him to change the name of his team?

Packers are for profit.

Not according to them.

http://www.packers.com/community/shareholders.html

Then we’d be treated to endless chants of, “Warriors, come out to play-i-ay.”

Next the Cleveland Indians would change names to the Baseball Furies. Future team photo:

The next board meeting should impose a more stringent definition of BSD. I understand the man is loaded and owns a NFL franchise, but his team has been irrelevant for 2 decades now. He must be laughed at at the owner’s meetings.

^ Most NFL owners don’t care that much about winning except to the degree it affects how much money they make. According to Forbes, the Redskins are the 3rd most valuable team in the NFL.