So annoying – CFAI website

Hi all I am trying to sign up for the Dec L1 and am experiencing the following problem which the CFAI informed me was due to a bad Internet connection, but this is definitely not the case. The problem only occurs when I click the finish button on the professional profile section, while I have been able to complete all the other sections without any incidence. I have also tried to complete the section using a number of different Internet connections (home and office) and each time the same error message pops up. Therefore, it looks like something is wrong on the site itself, at least as far as the professional profile section is concerned. The error message reads as follows: “We detected an Error which may have occurred for one or more of the following reasons: A record that contains identical values to the record you have created already exists. If you would like to enter a new record, please ensure that the field values are unique.(SBL-DAT-00381)(SBL-EXL-00151)" The CFAI is sticking to its story that nothing I wrong with the site and now want me to fill in a hard copy registration form. So anybody have any ideas?

You are trying to enter a section that you’ve already filled in so its getting duplicate values in its registry causing the error. Try changing your data so that when you save it actually needs to update new information, then change it back to what you want the information to be

Hey JasonU. That is exactly the problem, but the help desk guys did not want to budge. In any case, thanks for the advice. I tried it and it worked. Cheers