So frustrated with waiting!

^ so true, but I’ll die if I don’t make it

Common man its just an exam. Even I am a retaker and have other priorities now in life after giving 4-5 years to CFA program. True it’s gonna be damn demotivating if I fail but I will reconsider my priorities.

Even the AF banner now says the countdown to L 3 results…huh…

agree with you that its only a test but the three letters infront of your name do tell the interviewer that you are willing to learn more.

I think studying the theory and putting it to use in real investment world are different things, there must be so many subtleties that we didn’t study in CFA course but they will come up when you go for the real business…but you are definitely equipped with useful skills that can be applied as they are taught.

lol @ woman example

totally!

try Valium, or Xanax

Unlike previous results, my stress this year is nearly non-existent. Had a family loss happen the week before and my bosses at work were surprised I even wrote the test. I do have a raise hanging on the result, but I have pretty much warned everyone I probably did not make it. While the driven competitor in me wants to be one of the first passers throughout all three levels, what I have been through the last couple of years has taught me that you can try and do all the “right” things, yet the “good” things are still a mixture of–yes–preparation, but a whole lot more luck.

Being a CFA candidate did not help me be marketable in the job market, but it gave me enough knowledge to be “dangerous”, so to speak. I landed my current job because people liked my trajectory in life and my sunny disposition and humility, not my two master degrees or the fact that I was a Level III candidate a year and a half into the program. I realized that in the CFA program–and anything that takes years of self-directed dedication like it–the journey is better than the destination. I don’t give a damn if I find out I did not pass, and instead will gladly grab those books again, as it may actually be opportunity to grab onto what I previsouly did not get well (After all, like reading a good book, the second or third time might be when you get the whole story).

Hello future Charterholders! The long agonizing wait is nearly over. Enough trying to game the web site, refreshing, messing with URLs, trying to determing what web site features were for those who passed. All nonsense. Get hammered this weekend and know that in a few week you can toss all those books and notes in the trash and get ready to design those new business cards.

you must have a lot of emotional strength to take the test in these circumstances

I believe luck plays a more and more role as you move from level 1 to level 3, when I was studying for level 1 I had some friends who were getting coaching for level 2 and one of them scored more than 90% at every test while the other hardly scored 60%… the 90% scorer was the hero of school and everyone was sure he is going to pass but when actual results came out, the one who hardly passed in school tests made it while the hero failed… some things are out of our control and we should embrace them